News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One repo mufflers

Started by Rolling_Thunder, July 02, 2007, 06:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

anyone know who supplies Year One with their repop mufflers ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Not sure but Tom at www.accurateltd.com sells really nice hemi mufflers.  I have his high flow ones on my Charger & I love them :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Rolling_Thunder

well i only ask because they suck!  My boss's superbird blew another one today....      that makes 3 in as many years....      :brickwall:

The70RT

I popped a stich on one of my buckets and I have very few butt miles on it. I recovererd them my self and bought new foam from them also. An interior place in town said they ALWAYS have to trim the foam way down so they wouldn't struggle with the crap to fit. I only had a few blisters on my knuckles trying to get them right.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TUFCAT

The Year One mufflers also sound as tinny as two tomato soup cans.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: The70RT on July 03, 2007, 12:04:28 PM
I popped a stich on one of my buckets and I have very few butt miles on it. I recovererd them my self and bought new foam from them also. An interior place in town said they ALWAYS have to trim the foam way down so they wouldn't struggle with the crap to fit. I only had a few blisters on my knuckles trying to get them right.

Whaaa????
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 02, 2007, 08:33:29 PM
well i only ask because they suck!  My boss's superbird blew another one today....      that makes 3 in as many years....      :brickwall:

They are junk, I agree 100%.  I asked my local muffler shop what was up with these after replacing my second set of them late last year, and he said that the spot welds on the baffles were hit-or-miss.  That explains one of the problems I had with mufflers rattling horribly right out of the box. 

My muffler guy thinks the other failures that I've had are because the interior baffles are not galvanized (in an effort to save a few pennies on the construction of them) like the originals were.  That causes them to rust out a whole bunch faster, and with the top notch welding  :sarcasmalert:  they just will not last.  I think my next set will be from Accurate or ANYBODY but YearOne.

Rolling_Thunder

yes - i will not go back to Year One - however I was curious if Year One was supplied by Accurate...     

8WHEELER

GREAT  :icon_smile_blackeye:  I have three sets of YEAR ONE mufflers in the garage, I am real
close to installing my first set to......  now does this apply to all of there Repop mufflers? they have
three different units, including a date code correct unit, they get big bucks   :brickwall:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

The70RT

Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 03, 2007, 08:02:37 PM
GREAT  :icon_smile_blackeye:  I have three sets of YEAR ONE mufflers in the garage, I am real
close to installing my first set to......  now does this apply to all of there Repop mufflers? they have
three different units, including a date code correct unit, they get big bucks   :brickwall:

Dan

Sounds like you better eBay them.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us