News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this Charger too far gone?

Started by Random-Hero-, March 11, 2009, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

The car is certainly rebuildable, but it's not exactly economically viable to do so.

It's cheap for what you paid.  I would not call it a "ripoff" at all. 

But it's also not a whole car, and it won't be one until a hell of a lot of money goes into it first.  Yes, buying a complete project car would have been a cheaper way to get a 68 in the long run.  Much cheaper.  I'm just trying to be brutally honest here. 

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

westcoastdodge

no charger is too far gone imo...RESTORE  :2thumbs:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

tan top

Quote from: Random-Hero- on March 12, 2009, 06:49:58 AM
Gentlemen, it has been bought, and stored.

good stuff ., i would have gone after that  if i was closer  ,:yesnod: would like to see some pictures  :yesnod: :popcrn: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

lexxman

Ya,for $400.00 I'd take it.
Random-hero did you get that 70 charger?That in Quebec I looked at that car last year.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Random-Hero- on March 12, 2009, 06:49:58 AM
Gentlemen, it has been bought, and stored.
Good luck with the restoration on your '68.

Question: Are you still going to buy the blue '70? If so, make sure its really an R/T if thats what you're paying for. Because it doesn't appear to be an R/T by the photo.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Random-Hero-

I don't know about the blue 1970. I think it would be a little silly to have two 1970 Chargers, both not working. I think I'll work on the cars that I have right now, I'll be posting pictures later this weekend.

I do have my eye on my brother-in-laws fathers 1971 Cuda though, so I'll let you know how this goes.

The reason I'm buying up all these old rust buckets is because I own a 40 acre ranch, and the guy I bought it from has, well, I guess the closest size I could compare it to would be a small aircraft hanger. So I'm just stickin' them all in there. (thats what she said!  :rofl:)

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega-Cab Laramie
2004 Hummer H2 Adventure
1970 Dodge Charger - current project
1968 Dodge Charger - stored, future project

WingCharger

Quote from: Random-Hero- on March 13, 2009, 07:36:17 PM
I don't know about the blue 1970. I think it would be a little silly to have two 1970 Chargers, both not working. I think I'll work on the cars that I have right now, I'll be posting pictures later this weekend.

I do have my eye on my brother-in-laws fathers 1971 Cuda though, so I'll let you know how this goes.

The reason I'm buying up all these old rust buckets is because I own a 40 acre ranch, and the guy I bought it from has, well, I guess the closest size I could compare it to would be a small aircraft hanger. So I'm just stickin' them all in there. (thats what she said!  :rofl:)

A good second car for parts or to look at how to set something up on your car is why. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
And of course, who doesn't want 2 vintage Dodge Chargers? :D

Random-Hero-

QuoteAnd of course, who doesn't want 2 vintage Dodge Chargers? :D

Liberals.

But I've already got 2 Chargers, the 1968 that looked like it just went through World War II, and the 1970 that I'm currently working on. To buy a THIRD Charger, would just be a little silly. If I do buy a 3rd Charger its going to be a 1969, that way I'll have all 3 model years of the coke-bottle chargers!  :icon_smile_cool: ;)
2004 Hummer H2 Adventure

WingCharger

Quote from: Random-Hero- on March 13, 2009, 07:48:27 PM
QuoteAnd of course, who doesn't want 2 vintage Dodge Chargers? :D

Liberals.
Hey, lets not get all political. You might want to refer to some threads by user Shakey for resto help. His are always very, very detailed and are a lot of help.
Just use advanced search to find them. :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
You should start your own thread in Charger discussion when you start a resto too. Oh, and feel free to post all around. Welcome to the world of DodgeCharger.com! :D :D

Random-Hero-

I'll be sure to get some photos up ASAP! Thanks for all the suggestions all! I'm glad to be a part of this great community!
2004 Hummer H2 Adventure

WingCharger

Quote from: Random-Hero- on March 17, 2009, 08:53:12 AM
I'll be sure to get some photos up ASAP! Thanks for all the suggestions all! I'm glad to be a part of this great community!
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
You should do some posting around here to get to know the guys. :2thumbs: