News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Paint Ok" Stamp

Started by CornDogsCharger, July 29, 2009, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

I was wondering what everyone has run across on the "Paint OK" stamp that is sometimes found on the inside of the fenders.  I do not recall seeing a stamp in any orange cars.  Every time I have seen one, the ink that was used was orange.  Here is a picture of the stamp I am talking about on an original B5 'Bird

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

resq302

Im pretty sure that if you got an orange painted car, it had to be a different color stamp or ink color, otherwise, how would you be able to see it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

CornDogsCharger

I figured that... I was just wondering what color was used for the orange cars

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

maxwellwedge

I have got an orange stamp on my V2 A12. I have no fender stamp on my survivor Vit. C Bird - It is stamped (in orange) inside the glove compartment.

resq302

Ive actually seen 3 "OK" stamps on a car.  First was the all common inside of the fender, another was inside the glove box, and a third one was down on the steering column firewall plate.  All were in orange.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

CornDogsCharger

What about te black "X" that is very faint, but can be seen in the picture above.  Does anyone know much about this?  I just don't want to put anything on the car that does not belong on it.  As for the OK stamp in the steering column mounting plate, both cars had this.  Here is a picture for the OK stamp on the Vit C car.... which is original and not altered.  Maybe the orange cars got the stamp in the glove box.  Do different colored cars have the OK stamp in the glovebox?

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

70Sbird

Justin,
My B5 bue 'Bird has the "OK" stamp inside the glovebox in orange as well
The car was repainted so I have no idea what would have been on the fenders.
just my :Twocents:
Scott

Scott Faulkner

hemigeno

The "Paint OK" was just a Lynch Road thing, right?

Aero426

My Bird had an X mark just like that on the RH side just like yours.

moparchris

Geno,
As far as I know the "OK" stamp was only a Lynch Road inspection stamp.  My research leads me to believe that the Hamtramck cars should not have this done to them.

hemigeno

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.