News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vinyl roof - your opinion

Started by 0X01B8, March 10, 2009, 12:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I add a black vinyl top?

Yes
17 (32.1%)
No
33 (62.3%)
Just make it a GL clone
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

maxwellwedge

Why drill more holes than Paris Hil.....nevermind. I like the look as is.

Charger_Fan

Buy another Charger WITH a vinyl top. :boogie: ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

vancamp

kokxville

My 70 ( b5 ) has also a factory ( white ) vinyltop,I'm restoring it now,but the vinyl top is not going back on it.In my opinion it brakes the nice lines the car has.I think it's more a "family car " thing,not a muscle car thing.So i say leave it the way it is. :Twocents:

But hey,it's your car,and if you want to have it the way it came from the factory,put it on.If not,please don't.
Your car looks great just how it is. :yesnod:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

68charger383

Having one without is more unique than having one with, so I'd say leave it as it is
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mikesbbody

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 10, 2009, 01:03:22 PM
NO!
Not sure how to do the big "NO" so ill just use Cody's  :lol: but no, i wouldnt im not a big fan of them on some cars color combo's they look good but with your charger i say leave it  :Twocents:

Back N Black

MoparManJim

jb666

I just wanted to use rolling text!!
I like it the way it is , it's perfect!  :cheers:

WINGR

Quote from: 0X01B8 on March 10, 2009, 12:08:42 PM
So, whadya think?  Last year I changed the white stripe to black and swapped the 17" Centerlines for 15" Bassetts.  I'm thinking for this year I'll extend the black on red - or red on black - thesis and install a black vinyl top.  For the purists, it was a vinyl top, stripe delete car from the factory.

-john

I'd say leave it the way it is, the vinyl top will take away from that racing look that you have portrayed with the Nascar style wheels and Tires. My :Twocents:

Sweet Charger, love the deep red with the black accents.

WINGR

FlatbackFanatic

NO!  I'd leave it just the way its is. It looks  freaking BAD ASS!  :2thumbs: Just my  :Twocents:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Hemidog

Why do you want to hide that BEAUTIFUL roof!

71 Bee Man

From me it is a resounding .............................................

YES
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Musicman

Well... I'm a big vinyl roof guy myself so ordinarily I would say go for it, but in this case however, given your particular choice of tires and rims, the vinyl top idea just doesn't seem to follow the theme. I'd leave well enough alone here  :cheers:

baullz

:iagree:

I usually like the look of a vinyl top on a 2nd gen also but with what you have going right now I say it fits better without the vinyl top. 

A very sharp '68 as it sits :2thumbs:

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Nacho-RT74

WITH ALL THIS MOTION I THINK I'M GONNA   :puke:

;D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Foreman72

i'm gonna go w a no on this one...its just 2 perfect as it is... :Twocents:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

TUFCAT

I'm more worried about the 4.4% who want to make a General Lee clone out of this car!  :'(

firefighter3931

I can see it looking good both ways.  :2thumbs:

Time to submit that pic to the "photshop thread" and have Dave work his magic.  :coolgleamA:

Once we see it with the top on, it will become more obvious...or NOT !  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger1973

I think it would look good either way....  Normally I prefer the vinyl top on 68s, but looking at yours I almost prefer it without.  I dont think you can go wrong either way to be honest.