News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Someone restored a 69 AC heater box?

Started by bobfist, December 12, 2010, 02:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Someone restored a 69 AC heater box?
I cat find any about it on the forum.
Are the metal shell painted with some special aluminuim paint under the black paint?

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

twodko

I don't have A/C in my 69 (dammit) but I did restore it last year.......Twodko's resto.
After I media blasted/primered the metal parts I sprayed them with Rustoleum "Titanium" twice.......screws too then a coar of clear. They all truned out nicely. The housing itself was in good shape so I just soap/water cleaned and very lightly scuffed the surface. I shot it with a couple coats of SEM satin black. Keep us posted, good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bobfist

Yes i looked at your restoration and it came out great!
But my housing seems to be spreyd  with some aluminium coat, nothing you know something about?
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

DC_1

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

DC_1

gtx6970

I've got 3 or 4 A/C boxes on hand ( winter projects ) if you need certain pics or information

I also have 2 or 3 Non A/C boxes as well if needed

bobfist

Sounds great!
I epoxy primed one of the parts today , inside and outside before sem black trim paint.
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

six-tee-nine

be sure to pressure test the radiators before you put  the heater box in the car again. If they leak when the car is finished you'll be pulling the windshield and the dash out again
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

charger2fast4u

hey bobfist i don't know how far you got wit your a/c heater box restore but if you don't mind can you take some good photo's as you tear it apart and reassemble it? i'll be doing a a/c box and a non a/c box this winter and this would be good to use during my process. also does anyone know if a 68 a/c box and a 69 a/c box are the same? i'll be redoing my original box in my 68. and want to know if bobfist box and my box will have any differences.

bobfist

Hi
I have a bunch of photos here now if you are interested?
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

ChargerST

Quote from: bobfist on January 09, 2011, 05:35:55 AM
Hi
I have a bunch of photos here now if you are interested?

YES!!! Please post your pictures or a link to pictures. I want to restore my heater box next year and could use some inspiration/how to.

bobfist

Hi!
Ok, i have some at my website charger gallery at www.bobfist.com in the interior section but i also have a lot of misc pictures on my computer
I have them all in a mail so just email me on gigolos83@hotmail.com and i send them to you
www.bobfist.com
Sweden