News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else constantly change their mind on project cars?

Started by Harlow, March 17, 2009, 06:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

I'm constantly changing what I want as far as a project car goes. Anyone similar?

Sublime/Sixpack

Not personally, but I have a friend that buys a car, puts money and work into it, doesn't finish it, then sells it to buy another car he's more excited about, then does the same thing with it.  Once he even bought the same car twice, worked on it both times then sold it without finishing it. He never gets to drive one.   :lol:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

BlueSS454

Not me.  When I get into a project car, I already know exactly what I want to do with it.  I bought the Charger specifically to do a General Lee out of.  I bought my 69 Chevelle to do a factory restoraton, my 70 SS454 Chevelle to be a hot rod, and the 70 Chevelle convertible I have is going to be a trailer queen bone stock restoration.
Tom Rightler

bull

I think about being dissatisfied but I never act on it. In other words, there have been several other cars that have come available to me since buying my '68 Charger, and I've been tempted to buy some of them, but when I sat down and seriously considered one against the other the Charger always won out. The only thing I've changed my mind on was what color to go with but now it's black... and I ain't goin' back.

oldcarnut

I don't necessarily change my mind on project cars but I will change my mind on some things about what I was going to do with the project as I worked it.  My biggest rut is that I feel like this car will be my last project car but after getting it all done and driving it for a few years I get a little bored and want to start looking for another even though I originally thought the last one was everything I wanted :slap:.  I told the wife that this time when I finish my current project that it's really really really going to be my last but all she does is  ::) :rotz:

Charger1973

Magnumcharger

Yes, I've done it, and always regretted doing it afterwards.
What I've learned from making this mistake: keep what you've got - finish the job. There's always another project car in the future.
Which is why I'm celebrating the 19th anniversary of having my Charger disassembled.

Of course, I'm less impulsive these days...now that I'm on the meds!

:2thumbs:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Rolling_Thunder

ummm   just about every customer I've ever dealt with....     guys just read the newest Mopar muscle and their plans change...    :brickwall:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

PocketThunder

Quote from: oldcarnut on March 18, 2009, 12:48:48 AM
I don't necessarily change my mind on project cars but I will change my mind on some things about what I was going to do with the project as I worked it.  My biggest rut is that I feel like this car will be my last project car but after getting it all done and driving it for a few years I get a little bored and want to start looking for another even though I originally thought the last one was everything I wanted :slap:.  I told the wife that this time when I finish my current project that it's really really really going to be my last but all she does is  ::) :rotz:

:iagree: :smash:

Its so hard to see that part/project car in the paper for a steal of a deal and instantly invision what you could do to it, so i buy it, spend 3 times more than i originally think and end up back at your post.   :brickwall:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

KS71owner

I've changed my mind on a few things with mine, but nothing that really has affected the progress of the project too much. Right now mine's garaged while I try to decide whether to start tearing it down to do its first real resto or keep it together for a few more years. Since I'm not driving it I'm leaning towards the former.

Foreman72

i haven;t chnaged my mind much...i mean the more i've learned the more options i've seen availible so some things hav changed bt nothing drastic
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Back N Black

I never changed my mind, but when i started i only had a general outline in my head and what the end result would look like. Its all the minor details, time consuming and cost of parts that threw me for a loop. So far it cost more than twice what i budgeted for and maybe three times longer than i estimated. Oh, i'm not finished yet? :cheers:

mauve66

Quote from: Magnumcharger on March 18, 2009, 09:42:34 AM
Yes, I've done it, and always regretted doing it afterwards.
What I've learned from making this mistake: keep what you've got - finish the job. There's always another project car in the future.
Which is why I'm celebrating the 19th anniversary of having my Charger disassembled.

Of course, I'm less impulsive these days...now that I'm on the meds!

:2thumbs:

i feel better as mine is closer to 15-16 years,,,,,,,,,, :nana:
i new what i wanted years ago but had no way of doing all of it at once so i would do a partial vision then the next time do a little more, now i'm at the point where i'm either NEVER gonna get to drive it or have to drive it when its not done and face the possability that it may never be done :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mauve66

someday...... over the rainbow..........
at least theres more pics of it around here so i can test drive my paint jobs while i'm waiting, just have to learn photoshop first :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

paironines

I go back and forth on selling my 68 Charger to focus more on my 69's because it seems like I never really get a chance to enjoy them having three cars.

Troy

Every day. Of course, I do that with more than cars so that's nothing new.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mauve66

Quote from: paironines on March 19, 2009, 10:15:15 AM
because it seems like I never really get a chance to enjoy them having three cars.

no sympathy from this side of the screen................. :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

brianz426

I keep changing my mind on my current 4spd '69 GTX. I keep thinking of selling it or trading for a '68 4spd Charger.  I just recently took some pictures to put it on e-bay, but I feel like it's to nice to sell. When in doubt I do nothing.

Old Moparz

I've changed my mind often enough that I'm now pretty tired of it. I think liking more than one type of Mopar or body style is the biggest part of the problem for me, plus, coming across a couple of decent deals doesn't help either. Originally my plan was do a simple cosmetic fix up on my Scamp after I retired it from being my daily driver, & fully restore my Satellite convertible. I wasn't going to start the Satellite until I had my own garage, so all I did was drive it & store in in a rental garage.

That changed when I started the work on the Scamp. One thing led to another after removing trim, & it's easy to get a case of "the might as wells" when you see other issues that you just don't want to hide. Patching the lower 1/4's & a cheap paint job became......

Remove trim, bumpers, marker lights, & grille
Minor sand blasting
Rechrome rear bumper & install NOS front bumper
Replace door handles & marker lights with NOS parts
Locate all fasteners in stainless
Repair & repaint grille
Replace both 1/4's, repaint entire car including trunk, jambs, & under hood
Remove interior
New seat cover
New carpet
Swap 7-1/4" rear with 8-3/4" rear
Disassemble leaf springs, sand blast, & repaint
Shorten driveshaft
Replace brake lines with all stainless

And.........??....... :brickwall: 

Last year I thought I was focused enough to sort out the plan which was sell the Coronet convertible, but then that company making Charger convertibles shows up at Carlisle with a display. Now I think I have a buyer for my Barracuda, so as soon as that's gone, the Coronet will get a pair frame rails & front floors.

I think.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Khyron

I always did that. But it was all to own a Charger... I finally got one, now I am happy....

for now ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.