News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so much money...

Started by charger_cody, March 17, 2009, 10:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

for so much time on paint and stuff...

i just wana drive it..

:rotz:

Charger1973

Quote from: charger_cody on March 17, 2009, 10:39:25 PM
for so much time on paint and stuff...

i just wana drive it..

:rotz:

Do it.  Make it run and enjoy it until you can afford to restore it. 

charger_cody

I can afford it. its the fact that the guy who di my dads cuda is almost done. It took him 2-years. Will it take him 2-years to do mine? no rust nothing.

1969chargerrtse

Like many of us my car has been apart several times. 6 months at the longest and it felt like 6 years. I'm feeling ya.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TheGhost

So it goes with car restoration.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mopar_nut_440_6

Hey Cody,

No worries, the car will get done when it gets done. I only started to work on mine a couple of months ago and bought it back 3 years ago. Unfortunately, I bought a new home and had too many other projects on the go to get to it. Now it is time!

My suggestion would be to get the car running and enjoy it before you get to the paint as that will cost you a ton. Make sure you have a good primer on the car so it is sealed. Get it running and show some ricers what a true muscle car can do!

Cheers,

James
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69bronzeT5

Welcome to the muscle car hobby :lol: I'd say as long as the frame and other structial things are fine, get it running and drive the car. I'd do that with my '69 but the frame is rusted. The Duster has some mild body rust in the lower quarters but I don't care. I'm getting it running and driving it. New starter and alternator should fix it and I can get some burnout pictures up here :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Back N Black

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 18, 2009, 06:15:13 PM
Welcome to the muscle car hobby :lol: I'd say as long as the frame and other structial things are fine, get it running and drive the car. I'd do that with my '69 but the frame is rusted. The Duster has some mild body rust in the lower quarters but I don't care. I'm getting it running and driving it. New starter and alternator should fix it and I can get some burnout pictures up here :lol:

Cody, don't drive her through the garage doors on your first burnout.  :nana:

69bronzeT5

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

She'll be out on the street! ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

charger_cody

haha. but think about this guys. i allready paid for the paint by giving him my 67 dart. he did my dads cuda now mine. so basically i allready paid for mine and my dads. it just took him forever.

bull

Wait until inflation really kicks in. If they keep printing money they way they are now a loaf of bread will cost as much as a paint job pretty soon.

The70RT

I have had mine for 30 years and have been redoing it for the last 2.5. You'll be alright  ;)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us