News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vintage Nascar pics needed

Started by Sledge57, November 02, 2006, 12:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledge57

One of my hobbys is racing slotcars. In January were having a Vintage Nascar race.

I'm building Lee Roy Yarborough's 66 Charger.

So far the only pic I have is the one seen here.

Any of you Nascar/Charger fans have any more pics of this car, top, sides anything?

Thanks in advance.......

Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid

firefighter3931

Doug, i moved this to the wing car forum....somebody here should be able to help out with pics.  :scope:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

FastbackJon

It is nice to want to be accurate but if you can't even find any pictures, what are the chances that if you used your imagination a little bit that someone would come up and tell you that your car doesn't look exactly like Lee Roy's real #12 car.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Aero426

Step 1: Go here.  http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/

Step 2: Click on the "Darkside Racers Corner" forum

Step 3: Ask for photos.  There are a lot of cool vintageNASCAR photos bouncing around on that forum.

Doug

69_500

I figured when I opened up this thread that Doug would be beat me to the punch. Either him or Gene. both have a large selection of photo's to share.

Ghoste

And Jon, after everything you went through to help ERTL get that Authentic Series 66 Charger right before they released it, I have to admit I'm a little shocked.  Just because no one else knows it isn't right doesn't mean that we as owners should ever settle for less than perfect.  Even if it's only a slot car. IMO.

nitrometal

Quote from: DougSchellinger on November 02, 2006, 04:56:25 PM
Step 1: Go here.  http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/

Step 2: Click on the "Darkside Racers Corner" forum

Step 3: Ask for photos.  There are a lot of cool vintageNASCAR photos bouncing around on that forum.

Doug

I just went over there and checked that website out.  Man, they've got a ton of reference photos over there!
Thanks Doug!!!   :drool5:
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

FastbackJon

Quote from: Ghoste on November 03, 2006, 06:54:16 PM
And Jon, after everything you went through to help ERTL get that Authentic Series 66 Charger right before they released it, I have to admit I'm a little shocked.  Just because no one else knows it isn't right doesn't mean that we as owners should ever settle for less than perfect.  Even if it's only a slot car. IMO.

Yeah, well... the ERTL thing was a mass production model going to a bunch of '66/'67 Charger owners. It had to be good. The slot car deal is a one person thing being shown to a bunch of people who probably arn't that familiar with '66/'67 Chargers, let alone Lee Roy Yarborough's #12 car. What I'm saying is that he could probably make up his own nascar racer, like #37 or something, and paint that on a '66/'67 Charger, and no one would know the difference, so why worry about if there is a Penzoil decal or a Chevron decal on the fender of the #12 car.

Although I admit, if I were doing it for myself, I would probably want it as close as possible as well.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

Quote from: FastbackJon on November 05, 2006, 05:46:04 AM
Although I admit, if I were doing it for myself, I would probably want it as close as possible as well.

I figured as much.  ;) :icon_smile_big:

69_500

And there is nothing wrong with wanting its as close as true as possible. The question is how many people want that kind of realism in a model? I know I do, but to some people they don't.

Sledge57

Quote.................. The slot car deal is a one person thing being shown to a bunch of people who probably arn't that familiar with '66/'67 Chargers, let alone Lee Roy Yarborough's #12 car. What I'm saying is that he could probably make up his own nascar racer, like #37 or something, and paint that on a '66/'67 Charger, and no one would know the difference, so why worry about if there is a Penzoil decal or a Chevron decal on the fender of the #12 car.

You don't know these guys! This pic isn't the track were having the Nascar race on, but it gives you an idea of what these guys are like............

But I agree they wouldn't know the differences on the small details on this car, but then who would since very few pics seem to exist. And like you I'd like to do the car as close to correct as possible, especially since I suck at the racing part so I'd like to at least look good  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for the link BTW that site is GREAT!
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid