News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

April Fools -----------------------------------------"April Fools"

Started by skip68, April 01, 2009, 12:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

:dancinglock:   Most like it but I do agree that I let it go too long.  I should have ended it a few hours sooner. my bad guys.  Like it or not, it's over and no harm was done.    :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69charger2002

glad you did it when you did i was calling MCG this morning!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

skip68

:icon_smile_big:   I tell you what, I will be taking it down a notch next year.  :icon_smile_big:   Got to go so, you all take care and have a great April.   Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

One thing people forget is April fools day is for Pranks...not jokes. Jokes are funny for the people hearing them. Pranks are funny for the prankster and are usually about a very emotional topic. As far as I see it, the Skips did a great job Pranking us.  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Some people are taking this way too seriously....everybody should of seen it coming...hell, it was April Fool's Day!! :smilielol: Good prank guys! :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Mrs.Skip68

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 02, 2009, 12:41:21 PM
Some people are taking this way too seriously....everybody should of seen it coming...hell, it was April Fool's Day!! :smilielol: Good prank guys! :smilielol:

Thanks Cody! I agree as well!  :yesnod:  :2thumbs:
IT WAS A PRANK FOR APRIL FOOLS! NOTHING MORE!!!!!  ::) SOME PEOPLE NEED TO REALLY LIGHTEN UP AND GET A LIFE! IF  PEOPLE WERE OFFENDED, I APOLOGIZE. BUT SOME OF THOSE SAME "CERTAIN PEOPLE" KEPT COMING BACK TO OUR POST.  :scratchchin:  IF THERE WAS A TOPIC THAT I DID NOT APPRECIATE, I WOULD MOVE ON TO ANOTHER THREAD. IT WAS A PRANK FOR APRIL FOOLS DAY, THAT'S IT! GET OVER IT!

MRS.SKIP68 ;)

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

jdiesel33

Quote from: Mrs.Skip68 on April 02, 2009, 01:36:02 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 02, 2009, 12:41:21 PM

Thanks Cody! I agree as well!  :yesnod:  :2thumbs:
IT WAS A PRANK FOR APRIL FOOLS! NOTHING MORE!!!!!  ::) SOME PEOPLE NEED TO REALLY LIGHTEN UP AND GET A LIFE! IF  PEOPLE WERE OFFENDED, I APOLOGIZE. BUT SOME OF THOSE SAME "CERTAIN PEOPLE" KEPT COMING BACK TO OUR POST.  :scratchchin:  IF THERE WAS A TOPIC THAT I DID NOT APPRECIATE, I WOULD MOVE ON TO ANOTHER THREAD. IT WAS A PRANK FOR APRIL FOOLS DAY, THAT'S IT! GET OVER IT!

MRS.SKIP68 ;)

Well, that is all true and I appreciate a good prank as much as anyone. And let me say right up front, I was mad right at first, but that went away quickly and no hard feelings now for sure.

With that said, that was a pretty harsh April Fool's joke for some of us. Me for example, I hardly got any work done after that at my job b/c I was very distraught for you guys, angry at the thieves, sick to my stomach, etc.. I mean some serious emotions there. Plus my wife and I were able to have a date night last night, which doesnt happen very often with 3 kids, and the whole time I was a little antsy wanting to get home to see if you guys got your car back. So after all of those negative and anxious feelings all day, I log on right when I get home and see it wasnt true. Certainly didnt sit well at first. I felt worse when I saw it was a joke that when I thought it was real.

So, like I said, no hard feelings. It was very well executed and you certainly had me reeled in. But speaking for myself, you put me thru the emotional wringer yesterday.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Mrs.Skip68

jdiesel33, I apologize if Chuck's post affected you that way.  :yesnod: My husband did not do this with any intention of causing distress to anyone. It was a practical joke, that's all. Not everybody gets his unusual and twisted kind of humor, and that's fine. (Hell, half the time, I wanna kill him!  :smilielol:) I'll try to keep a tighter leash on him from now on!  :2thumbs: :rofl: :smilielol: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

jdiesel33

Oh, I totally understand. No apologies necessary, although I do appreciate it. Like I said, no ill feelings on my side. It was a really good prank once you sit back and look at it. No worries. I am over it.

Let's get back to sharing and learning about Chargers! :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Chargerrtforme

Back N Black

That is what i like about this site, everytime you log on there is conflict going on in one form or another. From BK, 500_hp440, repro fender tags,chargerman68,the list goes on. Some people on the site are on an emotional roller coaster.  :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: Back N Black on April 02, 2009, 04:27:10 PM
That is what i like about this site, everytime you log on there is conflict going on in one form or another. From BK, 500_hp440, repro fender tags,chargerman68,the list goes on. Some people here on the site are on an emotional roller coaster.  :cheers:
That and all the flakes who have life changing moment every other day .  It's just like a mopar soap opera  I can't  stop  watching.     :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69charger2002 on April 02, 2009, 10:04:28 AM
glad you did it when you did i was calling MCG this morning!

Maybe you still should ?

They'll have the cops come to Skip's house and impound that suspicious car...

Might be stolen... :scratchchin:

Could take weeks to figure out one way or another... :-\

Overnight accommodations for two in the slammer... :o

Bail... :o

Tow bill... :o

Impound fees... :o

Court costs.... :o
Making new friends in jail... :scared:

Now THAT would be funny... 

:poke:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

skip68

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

chargerkid01

now that is a mean joke that takes the cake over a stolen GL I'm sorry to about what I said earlier. it is just that we are all close and when something happens it is like when you mess with someone in a close family the rst are out for blood I should have figured it was a joke but the details where so real and the title made it seem like he was pi$$ed and what a day you know what I mean No hard feelings it was a good joke should have been about a ford or chevy though!! :cheers:

SeattleCharger

ya, a more innocent april fool's joke could have been, 

"I traded my Charger for a mint 75 camaro Z-28 #'s matching."

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

skip68

Hey, Hey, Hey,.......be nice,........ :slap:.........I have a 67' Camaro!!!  :2thumbs: :nana:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

SeattleCharger

Quote from: skip68 on April 02, 2009, 06:56:42 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey,.......be nice,........ :slap:.........I have a 67' Camaro!!!  :2thumbs: :nana:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

oh ya, sweet year,   that isn't the same,  :lol:   67,68,69,  I like em, my brother used to have a 69 Z-28 clone, it was white with orange stripes and black interior with 4sp, he let me borrow it a couple times, was cool, he also had a '68 before that, was original, kinda different options, was greenish with white stripe on hood behind grill that went down fenders on sides, if that makes sense, and it had a 2sp automatic, yes, 2spd auto on console with slide rectangle shifter

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Alaskan_TA

Think of it this way....

If your car is ever actually stolen, do you think anyone here will pay attention to the next thread?

Not likely.  :Twocents:

bk72

i started to think this was a joke after you said they did not let you get out of the cruiser. that was a good april fools day joke :hah:

mopar73

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on April 01, 2009, 07:12:22 PM
Quote from: skip68 on April 01, 2009, 06:03:55 PM
Wait til you guy's see this freak that was the mastermind of this.

Wow! You weren't kidding!

That guy's a real freak!!!!!

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
Quality prank :yesnod:  You had me going for a while with a no-way, then maybe, then crap, then sun of a gun he got me!  :2thumbs: good job.