News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 02, 2009, 05:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 07, 2009, 03:46:51 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 07, 2009, 12:21:55 PM
Wow you people must really not have a life , I have never watched or cared to watch garbage like this  :hah:
Ummmm, Carrie Underwood just won the " Entertainer of the year " award. I don't think it's us out of touch?  :icon_smile_wink:

Yeah, and Miley Cyrus outsells her. Theyre all talentless eye candy with an army of songwriters, producers, and that software that give them perfect pitch churning out insipid, generic crap.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

1969chargerrtse

::)  Yea, anyway Adam got a standing ovation from Simon.  He is the one.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 07, 2009, 09:43:24 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 07, 2009, 08:15:15 PM
::)  Yea, anyway Adam got a standing ovation from Simon.  He is the one.

Thats funny, but I think we need to ban sexual negative comments along with politics. I'm not gay, I don't wanna be gay, I have no gay friends, and I hope my kids are not gay. Point being who are we to judge?  He's truley a gifted artist, good for him as that's what the show is about. End of story.

1969chargerrtse

:popcrn:  And it was at this point the thread took a major change in direction. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

I only enjoy the beginning episodes where they show the nuts and pitiful hopefuls that turn out...
as the season goes on i don't care anymore, there are a few cute chicks i enjoy for a minute,.. but the emphisis is on the lowest common denominator which drops as the season progresses...
I have some amount of experience in the music biz. having worked with some very polished singers over the last 35 years and as the result of my experience I belive very few if any of these A.I. kids are really of professional caliber... (all are within the target demographic of kids with disposable incomes ages 13-24.)
Talented amateur's?..  perhaps... but when Fox "news" leads their broadcast with five minutes about who won American idol which just concluded 3 minutes overtime,.. you can pretty much figure what's the dealieo..
I feel for any of the millions of youths who feel they have a shot at commercial success.  :shruggy:

They want kids who have "the look" who the target viewer (a 15 year old girl) can identify with, someone mallable who will sing the old MOTOWN hits with a straight face and no-one too edgy please you wont find any Jim Morrisons or Barbara Danes being "discovered" on American Idol. Just kids who the parents are willing to sign all the releases and who can sell Pringles.

moparstuart

scott the blind guy sounded like he was killing cats last night , he needs to go home tonight .  PLEASE !! :yesnod:

allison has the perfect voice , picked the perfect song last night and knocked it out of the park .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chargerrtforme

Jim Morrison was a young stupid and now dead drug head. Carrie Underwood is the 2009 Country Entertainer of the year along with 2 other major awards.  The show is much more than some of you give it credit for. 

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 08, 2009, 10:06:40 AM
I only enjoy the beginning episodes where they show the nuts and pitiful hopefuls that turn out...
as the season goes on i don't care anymore, there are a few cute chicks i enjoy for a minute,.. but the emphisis is on the lowest common denominator which drops as the season progresses...
I have some amount of experience in the music biz. having worked with some very polished singers over the last 35 years and as the result of my experience I belive very few if any of these A.I. kids are really of professional caliber... (all are within the target demographic of kids with disposable incomes ages 13-24.)
Talented amateur's?..  perhaps... but when Fox "news" leads their broadcast with five minutes about who won American idol which just concluded 3 minutes overtime,.. you can pretty much figure what's the dealieo..
I feel for any of the millions of youths who feel they have a shot at commercial success.  :shruggy:

They want kids who have "the look" who the target viewer (a 15 year old girl) can identify with, someone mallable who will sing the old MOTOWN hits with a straight face and no-one too edgy please you wont find any Jim Morrisons or Barbara Danes being "discovered" on American Idol. Just kids who the parents are willing to sign all the releases and who can sell Pringles.

brock the beginning shows are my favotires also , laugh my ass off at those people , the whole family gets together and has a laugh fest good times . 

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chargerrtforme on April 08, 2009, 10:50:20 AM
Jim Morrison was a young stupid and now dead drug head. Carrie Underwood is the 2009 Country Entertainer of the year along with 2 other major awards.  The show is much more than some of you give it credit for. 

What's with your Carrie Underwood hard-on? I mean, yeah, she's good looking and all, but talented? I don't think so. As I alluded earlier, it's easy to have a hit song when you have an army of professional songwriters and composers doing it for you. She's nothing more than a glorified karaoke singer (albeit an above average one). And considering the current state that mainstream country music , her being Country Entertainer of the Year isn't saying much. Larry the Cable guy could put out a music record and win that award too.

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 08, 2009, 11:19:53 AM

What's with your Carrie Underwood hard-on? I mean, yeah, she's good looking and all, but talented? I don't think so. As I alluded earlier, it's easy to have a hit song when you have an army of professional songwriters and composers doing it for you. She's nothing more than a glorified karaoke singer (albeit an above average one). And considering the current state that mainstream country music , her being Country Entertainer of the Year isn't saying much. Larry the Cable guy could put out a music record and win that award too.
Gotta disagree with you. She's a great singer and deserved the awards she recieved, and yes she's pretty also.

Just 6T9 CHGR

And look who cant stay away from this "uber-ghey" thread :scratchchin:  :girlfight:

Still think Danny G will take it.....I'm having a funny feeling Adam is a ringer... check the time stamp of this post...you heard it here first...

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on April 08, 2009, 03:24:07 PM

And look who cant stay away from this "uber-ghey" thread :scratchchin:  :girlfight:

Still think Danny G will take it.....I'm having a funny feeling Adam is a ringer... check the time stamp of this post...you heard it here first...

;)
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   yes danny is my favorite also, with allison as runner up .  But i never get the winner except taylor hicks, I picked him from the first and he has not done sh&t .

hemigeno

I'm having a funny feeling Adam is a ringer... check the time stamp of this post...you heard it here first...

My wife and daughters follow the show constantly.  Jessica, my 18yr old daughter, mentioned to us that Adam was a pro and has been in major roles of various Broadway-type musicals including "Wicked" (of which she's a HUGE fan so she would know).  They've all settled on Danny, Adam and Kris as their favorites - in that order. 

Me?  I'm thankful that baseball season has started so I have something decent to watch in the other room...

1969chargerrtse

People people please.  ::)  Geez, must I step in?  Adam has had flawless hits show after show.  Danny is awesome, but I'm not sure?  Here's how it shall go down.  Adam, Allison, Danny.  Both Danny and Allison have done average at times.  Adam got a Simon standing Ovation.  It's done my friends.  You saw it here 2nd.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't appreciate the talent of Carrie Underwood shouldn't even be allowed to post here.  :rotz:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemigeno on April 08, 2009, 05:17:35 PM
I'm having a funny feeling Adam is a ringer... check the time stamp of this post...you heard it here first...

My wife and daughters follow the show constantly.  Jessica, my 18yr old daughter, mentioned to us that Adam was a pro and has been in major roles of various Broadway-type musicals including "Wicked" (of which she's a HUGE fan so she would know).  They've all settled on Danny, Adam and Kris as their favorites - in that order. 

Me?  I'm thankful that baseball season has started so I have something decent to watch in the other room...

" Me?  I'm thankful that baseball season has started so I have something decent to watch in the other room... "

:hah: That was a good one.

1969chargerrtse

And so it's good bye to Scott.   :wave:  So what did you guys think of Kelly pickler?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Fake boobies set her off nicely ;)
(even though I didnt see the show tonight...)
AI paid for those :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

richard pettys 73

YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

1969chargerrtse

I didn't think the singing was that great either, awkward at the end.  The boobie thing wasn't happening in that dress, but the legs were looking good.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 09, 2009, 05:19:05 AM
I didn't think the singing was that great either, awkward at the end.  The boobie thing wasn't happening in that dress, but the legs were looking good.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

O.K so they used the "save" for the first time.  Simon says bad news is, next week 2 people go and it's Disco night.  That is bad news.

Oh and for you guys that think nothing good comes out of AI.  A past contestant was there singing her heart out last night, and by they way, she won an Oscar!

histoy

moparstuart