News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brake line/proportioning valve & frozen nuts

Started by NHCharger, April 07, 2009, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Like the title says. I need to replace the lines between the master cylinder and the proportioning valve. Both nuts that hold the lines on the proportioning valve are froze solid. Three days of spraying Kroil and PB Blaster had no effect.

Is it OK to use heat to get these off or will I damage something internal in the proportioning valve?
I am so tired of frozen nuts :rant: :rant:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Back N Black

If you replacing the lines, just cut them close to the nut and put a socket on the nut.

Winged 1

;)
What he said, or heat the nut up some what and then cool it off by spraying it down "while still hot" with the penetrating oil.
Best of luck,
Eric

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Quote from: NHCharger on April 07, 2009, 07:37:35 PM
Like the title says. I need to replace the lines between the master cylinder and the proportioning valve. Both nuts that hold the lines on the proportioning valve are froze solid. Three days of spraying Kroil and PB Blaster had no effect.

Is it OK to use heat to get these off or will I damage something internal in the proportioning valve?
I am so tired of frozen nuts :rant: :rant:

There are rubber grommets inside the valves - be careful.

If you need to buy a new one, check out that brake line place in MI that I can't think of at the moment.

mikepmcs

Fine lines maybe.  They are in Ohio though.  Maybe Mike is talking about someone else.

http://www.finelinesinc.com/
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

chargerkid01

<www.getdiscbrakes.com> is also in Ohio the company is called the right stuff detailing.

NHCharger

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Thanks for the advice. Because of you guys I was able to get my nuts off with no damage. :lol: :lol: Sorry but I had to say that.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

runningman

Inline tube is the company in Michigan, we did a group buy with them a few years ago  :2thumbs:

Shakey

Quote from: runningman on April 09, 2009, 04:28:28 AM
Inline tube is the company in Michigan, we did a group buy with them a few years ago  :2thumbs:

You know, I still couldn't think of the name until I saw your post.

runningman

Shakey, I figured that since you hadn't posted the name yet.  I didn't want you to lose any sleep over it  :2thumbs: