News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(73 Charger) Plum Crazy finally painted

Started by Beer, April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

ok, so I screwed with one picture.  :icon_smile_cool:

Car looks really nice. Straight. It is not cut and buffed in these pictures at all, this is how it laid out on the car.  Sittin all weekend, block with 1200 next week, black goes on and then clear it all at once again.  Then color sand and buff again I'm sure after that clear dries.

Off to get some last minute stuff in and then couple hours rest,  then drive to VA. :2thumbs:

jaak

Jim.....you car looks awesome  :2thumbs: I know you gotta be thrilled!!

Jason

Charger440RDN

Absolutely STUNNING!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: body work and paint is flawless  :drool5: :drool5:

Beer

Thanks Mike! Appreciate the time, I know you I cut into you going to VA time.  I will make it up to ya with a Dinner or something at one of the cruise in's or track days.  I hear NAPA may sponsor a Oxford SS&D next year.

Sorry took so long for me to comment, you were posting them right at watch turnover and my Rig Manager called as well.

Man I cant wait till now for the black!

I think they are going to put the rear (Caltrac) in now that its Sprayed as well this week.  I have to see the color in daylight but I think I am gonna be very pleased!

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mikepmcs

Jimmy
No problem , you didn't cut in to any time, I'm just putzing around the house. You owe me nothing.  Very pleased to do it and will be back next week to get some more pics for you.  Jeremy told me to leave my number and he will call me when it's ready to go, could be tuesday, could be wednesday, I don't know.
Stay safe out there.

Mike

E5 Charger

Oh my God!!! Why can't that be mine? Your car looks awesome, I can't wait to see the next photos.

mopar_nut_440_6

Absolutely beautiful. It will definitely need some black to offset those large panels but all as I can say is "stunning". You should be pleased Jim!  :cheers:

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

tricky lugnuts

:cheers:

That is one SLICK looking Charger!!! Congratulations man, you are the proud of owner of an awesome purple Charger. One thing at a time, but now you GOTTA get it ready for spring!!!  :drool5:

186 days? Looking at it now, not even cut or buffed yet, wasn't it worth it? Can't wait to see it assembled. A pretty chrome bumper on there, along with the black you're waiting for, will make all the difference in the world. Very awesome...

Charger440RDN

Beer

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 08, 2009, 07:10:29 PM
Are you gonna put the hood pins on it?

I have the pin kit...but I am leaning towards not using it.  Have to see how the 340 callouts and Black bulge look. I think the chrome hood pins will distract from the look.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

noff57

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o

looks like the paint laid down perfect.. :paintingpink:

MaceDew

Anything specila that you would have to do to the hood pins when installing in the glass hood?

Foreman72

wow man...its been a long time coming huh...congrats brother :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Finn

That's some of the nicest body work/paint Ive seen. Certainly one of the coolest third gens! Congrats!:2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mopar73

MAN, OH MAN :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Holy cow that thing looks beautiful :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

hemi-hampton

oldrock

paint looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing some shots of it out in the sun once it is finished up.

Beer

Thanks guys, next week the Black bulge will be painted and some black on the back lip of the trunk.  Mike will post some pics when he get back.  :popcrn:

I was gonna get the Police wheels and some other items, but... I am gonna hold off, I think I am gonna have some paint over-run cost I am gonna need to cover to bring the car home  :D

I too and looking forward to seeing it for real in the sunlight!

Oldrock and Foreman72 I been reading your threads too!  I may be calling on you guys for some assembly pics, been a few years when I took it apart and the Disassembly Photo CD I made I lost so I may be asking for some pics on how some stuff goes back together.

I was expecting only two weeks home but just got told I get my full three (work three weeks on three off offshore), so I should be able to make some real headway in assembly (may see some parts of the garage i have not seen in years as well :o).   Tires/Wheels, Torque converter, tranny, and some interior pieces are the only major parts left to purchase.

Jim

Beer

The shop is masking for the Black today  :yesnod:  Rear will be put in Mon/Tuesday.

Steve the manager said I got 7 coats of Purple, and should have 3 clearcoat when its all said and done.  Should be ready when I get home, so pickup may be 23 Oct (13 days).