News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(73 Charger) Plum Crazy finally painted

Started by Beer, April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Took the new Subframe connectors to the shop.  These should be the last pics I take before its painted  :yesnod:

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

hs1973

hey if you are not going to use your wheel opening moldings im looking for the right rear one. im i europe though but if you are willing to send it my way ill be happy to take it off your hands. write me at henriksorensen@sol.dk

Beer

Update...

No progress..

Subframe connectors not on yet...
and no paint estimate...

So close yet so far!   :brickwall:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Just talked to the shop.  

Plan forward, Tuesday I am moved to the front, Jack up the rear, remove the 8 1/4" rear, put in Subframe connectors, clean up th underside and "rhino liner" underside.  Final patch welding at rear vertical trunk area to be done.

I get home Thursday, and Saturday the 12, I drop off the 8 3/4" rear w/ Caltrac setup for installation.

Then Paint quote and Paint last two weeks in Sept.

PHOTOSHOP of another members car, color changed to Plum Crazy, with what look I am thinking of (Hood Graphics may be a bit different, either 73 Style or painted Bulge Gloss Black w/ -same metallic amount as the Plum)...
Wheels will be Magnum or I may go with powdercoated Black Rally cop wheels with Chrome Covers.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Beer on September 04, 2009, 08:23:21 AM
Just talked to the shop.  

Plan forward, Tuesday I am moved to the front, Jack up the rear, remove the 8 1/4" rear, put in Subframe connectors, clean up th underside and "rhino liner" underside.  Final patch welding at rear vertical trunk area to be done.

I get home Thursday, and Saturday the 12, I drop off the 8 3/4" rear w/ Caltrac setup for installation.

PHOTOSHOP of another members car, color changed to Plum Crazy, with what look I am thinking of (Hood Graphics may be a bit different, either 73 Style or painted Bulge Gloss Black w/ -same metallic amount as the Plum)...
Wheels will be Magnum or I may go with powdercoated Black Rally cop wheels with Chrome Covers.

Do you need the rear to get there any quicker?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Thanks Mike, should be good, they are wrapping up a Galaxy today, I move back to being in Work Tuesday...so figure take out the rear, subframe connectors clean up bottom and finish the trunk patches, that should take em til Thurs/Fri so I can get it.

Shoot me your cell # and I will give ya a call and you can meet me there if you like. 

Looking to do Oxford a few times with the Blue car, Sprayed it last time home and got a 7.58 w/ 75 shot.  Still need to do some tuning with EFI Live, but if your up for meeting me at Stretch it or Oxford dragway I will give ya a ring with my plans.  Looking for 7.3-7.4 at Oxford next couple weeks (1/8 Mile).  Probably Spray a 125 dry when I swap out my bad WB sensor.

Beer

Just ordered the 73 "Phoenix" Factory Hood Graphics...Have the Third Gen Spoiler also coming to the house.  Going to hold off on the side stripes.  SO when it comes out of paint, Hood graphics and Trunk spoiler should be in place...Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Silver R/T

very good progress on Charger, very nice body work
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mopar73

Beer, do you have a link to the phoenix graphics?  I not shure what I want to do yet with my superbee hood :shruggy:
Thanks,
Scott

Beer

mopar73

mikepmcs

Quote from: mopar73 on September 06, 2009, 08:43:15 PM
Thanks Beer

also, you can check out http://ridergraphix.com/ Dave will make you anything you can dream up I bet.

Jimmy T, you get my PM with phone info?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Beer

Progress!  The car is in the paint Booth...course it aint getting painted yet...

But they have pulled the  8 1/4" rear out (anyone need parts???)...they did not need a torch  :2thumbs:

Bringing the rear to them Monday, and the Subframe connectors are going in tomorrow  :yesnod:

Sorry  no pics...I am getting Paroled from the rig tomorrow  :cheers:

Pics Monday...with it in the booth, lighting and area to stand back should = good pre-paint photo's...

jaak

When do they plan on spraying it Beer? Later this week sometime?

Jason

Beer

Hoping between 18-25 Sept, they still have not given me a quote for paint yet...

I got a place to take it in Oct when I am back offshore for Steering column replacement (Tan one for Black one)Master Cylinder installed then Brake/Fuel lines and probably front Suspension rebuild prior to putting the engine in. 

Can't wait to see the Rear in w/ Caltracs and the Adjustable shocks. Then follow that up w/ Paint should be a great month.

Mid Oct is getting the Cope 727, may have drivetrain in place by Christmas  ;D

Beer

Updated Pics from today...

Dropped off the rear, they were putting in the subframe connectors, and they disassembled for paint.

I have a Black Steering wheel column to put in as well.  That will get done w/ Brake lines/master cylinder installation.

They are going tac weld the subframe connectors in as well as bolt em in as pictured.

Paint done target is still the end of the month.

jaak

Beer

Have new Rear Leaf Front Perches coming, new rear Shackles, as well as the Trunk and Door weatherstripping...Hood graphic should be here Friday (undecided on if that will be painted on, or if I will use the decal).  Rear Spoiler was dropped off the shop, last visit.  Maybe end of next week for paint  :cheers:   

NHCharger

Looking good Jim.
Where did you get the weatherstripping from?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Beer

The Paddock for the weatherstripping.  Bringing the parts up probably Tuesday. The Hood graphic is a stencil, so it looks like that will be painted on, so the "Rally side stripes", may become the rear bumble bee stripe...

Beer

Progress!!!!

Heading up to the shop for pics and parts drop off...Entire body is not painted yet...but they have sprayed the door jams and rehung the doors.

They are saying end of week likely. The hood graphics may slow them down though...

firefighter3931

Getting real close Jim....you have to be excited !  :2thumbs:

Can't wait to see some fresh paint on the beast !  :drool5:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mopar73