News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone wanna brag about their wife? ( Or others )

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 14, 2009, 06:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I feel the need to share the good feelings.  My wife (42) is going to nursing school starting in Sept.  She was 1 of 60 picked out of 300 applications.  In fact both Universities she applied to accepted her, and here in Ct it's very hard to get into a nursing school.  She's an at home Mom with 3 kids of which one is special needs ( and me, so really two special needs people ).  She does it all in our house including working with the kids on homework and being all over the planet with my daughter in Cheer leading, on top of studying what seems like 24/7.   She's something else.  On one of her huge finals the teacher came over to her and said you are the only person ever to get a 100.  Why am I so excited?  Because in a world of poor decision making, my wife will be out there helping and working with others.   She has a bachelor degree in Health management as it is, so in the health field there is going to be one smart cookie out there making the correct decisions concerning other peoples health, an I'm excited about that.

Do you have any great things to say about a friend or family member?  I'd love to start a nice big long thread about wonderful people we know.

:popcrn:

P.S she'll kill me for doing this.  :hah:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

skip68

:cheers:  Well good for her.  You better keep her.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Neal_J

Mine:  5 kids, 1 crazy husband, rarely shops for herself, supports all our many activities, enjoys life to the fullest with a positive attitude and still weighs 125 pounds - the same as when we married 19 years ago this month. 

BOOM goes the dynamite.

celticcutie

Very sweet! You guys are very lucky and your gals equally as lucky to have very supportive partners. In the age where divorces are way up there I am happy to see some happy , supportive relationships. Keep up the great work! :2thumbs:

mauve66

as much as i bitch about my wife........... if it wasn't for her i'd be..................

driving a truck cross country
weigh 400 lbs if i was still alive
not have a beautiful house
a somewhat ok kid, look who he learned things from
no Charger of any kind
not a penny in the bank

if it wasn't for me she would have.........
money to retire on
have clogged arteries - she eats good but family history of cholesterol, my pushing her blood pressure keeps them clean :2thumbs:
no remote controls
go to the mall once in a while
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: celticcutie on April 14, 2009, 06:29:40 PM
Very sweet! You guys are very lucky and your gals equally as lucky to have very supportive partners. In the age where divorces are way up there I am happy to see some happy , supportive relationships. Keep up the great work! :2thumbs:
Flippin A.  Just appreciating what we have and that's one of life's secret, secrets.  I didn't get married until I was 35, but it was worth the wait.  We all know it's a two way street, both sides have to support each other.  I told her "IF" I had to, I would sell the Charger to help pay for the 20,000.00 school bill  :eek2:.  The other alternative was, I'll sell the Charger but she has to allow me to buy a Superbird or Daytona Charger when she is done  :D.  She'll be taking a loan.  I told you she was smart.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69bronzeT5

I have too many people to say good things about. For example, my dad was low on money but he still came through with getting me the Duster for my birthday and he was out there in the pouring rain helping me change the starter. My mom helped me find the Charger when it got stolen, without her...I don't know if I would of gotten it back. My grandparents are letting me store my Duster at their house and my grandpa has been out there doing body work on it for the past couple weeks to make it look nice. That's just some examples.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bigred68

I am honored and thankful to be able to share my life with my best friend, number ONE person in my life, my wife April Johnson. First pic is AJ at her Birthday dinner Sat. April 11th 2009. Second pic is AJ with bigred.

bigred68

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 14, 2009, 06:43:47 PM
I have too many people to say good things about. For example, my dad was low on money but he still came through with getting me the Duster for my birthday and he was out there in the pouring rain helping me change the starter. My mom helped me find the Charger when it got stolen, without her...I don't know if I would of gotten it back. My grandparents are letting me store my Duster at their house and my grandpa has been out there doing body work on it for the past couple weeks to make it look nice. That's just some examples.
Cody, you are very fortunate. Your family obviously loves you very much and they show it, and you respond to it by being a good kid, willing to live, learn and return they're love. Kudos!
:cheers:

RD

my wife... there are not enough words to describe how much she means to me, nor anything i can do to show my true appreciation for her.  But, she is definitely the entire reason why I was born on this earth.  She is everything good where I am not.  She is a gift from God to me.  I would die so that she may live.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: RD on April 14, 2009, 08:37:09 PM
my wife... there are not enough words to describe how much she means to me, nor anything i can do to show my true appreciation for her.  But, she is definitely the entire reason why I was born on this earth.  She is everything good where I am not.  She is a gift from God to me.  I would die so that she may live.
Wow.  I love my wife, but?  Wow, them there some beautiful words.  :angel:

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 15, 2009, 05:16:58 AM
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Forza

RD, you should start a talk show or make cards for Hallmark and help us pea-brained guys out with words. :cheers:

RD

just speak from the heart brothers, and the words will ring true.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

skip68

RD !  :yesnod:  I'm not gay and I am married but,  I think I just fell in love with you man.   :icon_smile_big:   I think your wife is a lucky woman.  Very well said sir.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Forza

Quote from: skip68 on April 15, 2009, 04:54:48 PM
RD !  :yesnod:  I'm gay not and I am married but,  I think I just fell in love with you man.   :icon_smile_big:   I think your wife is a lucky woman.  Very well said sir.   :2thumbs:

There you go Chuck, I fixed your post for ya!  :D

mauve66

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 15, 2009, 05:16:58 AM

whats a matter?? she don't know about the 572 Blown Hemi coming in the mail tomorrow???  yur killing the rest of us dude, next thing ya know my wife will think i should be able to spout stuff like that............ :brickwall: :brickwall: :RantExplode:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

RD

if it matters any.. my wife read it and said,"wow.. that is nice" then walked off.  So i dont think you have anything to fear mauve66 LOL

Tilar

Hmm... Well I have an ex wife anyone can have if you take up the payments.  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mikepmcs

Wow, you guys seem to have it licked... and appears we have found Superwoman, Wonder Woman, the Bionic Woman, Mrs Incredible, and even an advertisement for Tilar's Super Ex-Girlfriend all in one thread.  Good on you guys, hopefully you have long and happy relationships.  :2thumbs: :cheers: 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mauve66

pssst,  :coolgleamA: hey there, got a big block storker your trying to sell? psst, i'm hoping she's in a good mood today.......... :coolgleamA: oh, here she comes.......... :slap: ouch
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

celticcutie

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 15, 2009, 05:56:41 PM
Wow, you guys seem to have it licked... and appears we have found Superwoman, Wonder Woman, the Bionic Woman, Mrs Incredible, and even an advertisement for Tilar's Super Ex-Girlfriend all in one thread.  Good on you guys, hopefully you have long and happy relationships.  :2thumbs: :cheers: 

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

472 R/T SE

I think it goes w/o saying, the divorce rate is high for my kind.

My wife, too, is going to be going to nursing school.  She's been taking prerequisites it seems like forever.  She just started her last class.  And she's still working full time, cleans the house, does laundry, cooks, mows the yard & keeps a 3.83 GPA.  So far the hospital's been paying for the schooling.  She get's one paid day off per month I think.  Something crazy...it add's up to like a month a year.  I don't know why she wants to give up her good paying job now.  She makes over $20 an hour and has been there (hospital) for 14 years.

She's hoping her GPA gets her a scholarship, if not, I may have to sell my Challenger.  If I do that she promised me anything I want when she starts her first job.  ;)

Yeah, she's a keeper.  :icon_smile_wink:

mikepmcs

Quote from: celticcutie on April 15, 2009, 06:39:25 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on April 15, 2009, 05:56:41 PM

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Thanks, I'll be here all week and don't forget to tip your waitress.

And for the record, I would like to brag about myself.  It all started one ......................................
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 15, 2009, 06:42:25 PM

Well my better half's been through the wringer with me.
Between working sometimes 80-100 hours a week and when I was home my snoot was buried in a half rack.  Getting myself paralyzed and taking away all those four digit checks, letting my health go in the toilet resulting in two strokes & 5 days in a coma.
And she's stayed by my side.  The divorce rate is high for folks that end up in a chair.

She too is going to be going to nursing school.  She's been taking prerequisites it seems like forever.  She just started her last class.  And she's still working full time, cleans the house, does laundry, cooks, mows the yard & keeps a 3.83 GPA.  So far the hospital's been paying for the schooling.  She get's one paid day off per month I think.  Something crazy...it add's up to like a month a year.  I don't know why she wants to give up her good paying job now.  She makes over $20 an hour and has been there (hospital) for 14 years.

She's hoping her GPA gets her a scholarship, if not, I may have to sell my Challenger.  If I do that she promised me anything I want when she starts her first job.  ;)

Yeah, she's a keeper.  :icon_smile_wink:
Wait a minute, your wife mows the lawn also?  My wife is at a class right now, but when she gets home, after picking up the house, doing the wash, loading the dish washer, and after her studying for the night, I'm gonna have to have a talk with her.  :slap:  That ain't right.

472 R/T SE

:smilielol:  You sound like my daughter.  I drug a laundry basket of clean clothes in and she asked what I was doing?  She said that was Mom's job and her & I are suppose to make the mess & kick back.  :o

I think she was in shock that I was actually doing something.

Charger666

bigcountry

Couldn't have "optioned" her any better myself if I had ordered her from the dealer upstairs, rare 1 of 1 special edition. :yesnod:

Most recently, she drove an entire day, by her self, 5 1/2 hrs one way, to pic up parts for my Charger without a single second of hesitation. :2thumbs:

Thanks again BigRed68 :cheers:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

keepat

My wife's nickname is Kee and along with my name makes the screen name (Keepat) She was the girl next door growing up, loves cars and has helped me work on all of them. We have been married 21 years and have two great boys (17 & 14) She is an awesome cook, cuts the grass, cleans the house, pays all the bills, does all the shopping, and rides her own Harley. She is lucky to have me. :icon_smile_big:
Pat

1969chargerrtse

:rofl:  Another one that mows the lawn?  I'm glad I started this thread.  Honey..........

AKcharger

RD

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 15, 2009, 09:04:38 PM
:rofl:  Another one that mows the lawn?  I'm glad I started this thread.  Honey..........

My spouse has never touched a lawn mower but without her i'd be lost.....   :yesnod:   :yesnod:   :yesnod:

She gave up her career to be a stay at home mom and raise our 3 kids which i am gratefull for....   :angel:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dads_69

I can't begin to write everything I want to say about my wife in a thread that needs to be somewhat short due to it will be read by many and I don't wanna put you guys to sleep.
So, after telling my wife about my latest purchase of another Lightning, she was fine w/it, a little mad but happy for me in the end.
We've been w/each other since August '95. We've had good times, even more crappy times, but we now have two kids, a 14 month old boy and a 5 year old girl. I love my family. I would have never guessed though I'd be where I am today 15 years ago, so yes, I am very blessed.
One of these days I'll make up for all my toy buying spree's and send her to Hawaii for her own personal vacation.   :coolgleamA:

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

mauve66

Quote from: bigcountry on April 15, 2009, 08:23:42 PM
Couldn't have "optioned" her any better myself if I had ordered her from the dealer upstairs, rare 1 of 1 special edition. :yesnod:

Most recently, she drove an entire day, by her self, 5 1/2 hrs one way, to pic up parts for my Charger without a single second of hesitation. :2thumbs:

maybe she was just wanting some peace and quiet..................

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 16, 2009, 12:00:04 AM
My old lady is nuts.  :misbehaving:

just cause mine's  great doesn't mean she's not .......... she did marry me...................

Quote from: dads_69 on April 16, 2009, 01:22:50 AM
One of these days I'll make up for all my toy buying spree's and send her to Hawaii for her own personal vacation.   :coolgleamA:

Mark

like the rest of us your afraid she'll read this , right??  just padding your bets...............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

dads_69

No, I'm not buttering her up for anything. She told me years ago she wants to go to Hawaii, I said have fun cause I'm staying. It's like a Vegas thing, whatever happends in Vegas/Hawaii, stays there.  :D
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

bigred68

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 16, 2009, 12:00:04 AM
My old lady is nuts.  :misbehaving:
HA! I just looove this statement. I'd NEVER say it, but ha, funny.

bigred68

Quote from: bigcountry on April 15, 2009, 08:23:42 PM

John, your over seas fighting for our country, your wife is a former Marine, Sir it was an honor and a privledge to meet your wife and kinda' help along your future General Lee build. I hope your happy with everything, and your wife truly is an amazing person. I hope you'll be happy with everything and I hope you enjoy the Mopar magazines. Tucker, Ricky, and Buster say "watch out for some of them Pomerainian's , they bite"!! Some of us guy's are blessed to have met and married our true soul mates. Thank you man, stay low...
Jeffery
:cheers:

69charger2002

my wife has put up with chargerland for YEARS now! mainly because i've never touched the checking account. the day i do.. oh boy   :slap:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

charger490

been married 54 years and my happiest year was 55 years ago LOL. i have 3 kids 5 grand children 1 great grand child so she has taken care of all of them while the mothers work..i think i might keep her a while longer.

ACUDANUT

I am trying to get my wife to go back and finish 6th grade.  She thinks driving a School Bus is too cool and that bus seat can handle 335 pounds.  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger490 on April 17, 2009, 12:20:24 PM
been married 54 years and my happiest year was 55 years ago LOL. i have 3 kids 5 grand children 1 great grand child so she has taken care of all of them while the mothers work..i think i might keep her a while longer.
:o 55 Years.  Here's to you guys.  :cheers: