News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 resto

Started by C500, April 18, 2009, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Quote from: C500 on December 03, 2022, 02:45:01 PM
New Legendary interior ready to go in. Seat covers and seat foams too.

Woohooo !!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

426HemiChick

Hi Duncan,                07 December 2022

Your 500 is looking beautiful. You can be very proud of what you have accomplished. The Dodge Chargers of your era are the most beautiful cars ever to hit the world's highways.

Hope your Police car gets to its new home soon. Been a long time waiting in California.

As soon as my rehab is finished I'll make it a point to take some photos of our 00003.1 mile Mustang Police Car. It's sitting in Dena's Shop along with our 68 Hemi RR and 69 440-6 SB. Hope the rehab goes quickly as we want to get the cars back together. The Stang will be the easiest but will require more mobility and flexibility that should come back during and after rehab.

Wishing You, Your Family, Friends and Pets a Very Blessed Christmas and New Year.

Take Care Duncan

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 03, 2022, 04:02:32 PM
That was not cheap :(
There's nothing cheap anymore.
Or was there ever a time it was?
It's all relative I suppose...

A really nice car!

C500

Got the door panels and upper door pads on. Seats, carpet etc in the new year. Legendary stuff is top quality.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

Quote from: 426HemiChick on December 07, 2022, 08:14:04 PM
Hi Duncan,                07 December 2022

Your 500 is looking beautiful. You can be very proud of what you have accomplished. The Dodge Chargers of your era are the most beautiful cars ever to hit the world's highways.

Hope your Police car gets to its new home soon. Been a long time waiting in California.

As soon as my rehab is finished I'll make it a point to take some photos of our 00003.1 mile Mustang Police Car. It's sitting in Dena's Shop along with our 68 Hemi RR and 69 440-6 SB. Hope the rehab goes quickly as we want to get the cars back together. The Stang will be the easiest but will require more mobility and flexibility that should come back during and after rehab.

Wishing You, Your Family, Friends and Pets a Very Blessed Christmas and New Year.

Take Care Duncan

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Thanks, its been a long road, but worth the wait, as it's a super solid car, with no gremlins lurking. Yes, the Monaco is taking it's time, has been literally months! Can't wait to see pics of your Mustang, sounds amazing. I hope the rehab goes well, and you're up and about before long.

Have a great Xmas and new year  :2thumbs:

C500

The new Legendary seat covers have been fitted and look real sharp.

426HemiChick

Quote from: C500 on February 08, 2023, 02:54:20 AM
The new Legendary seat covers have been fitted and look real sharp.

Hi Duncan,                   08 February 2023

They are looking great. Will have to remember this for when we start on our RR, it's most likely going to need a new interior. Sitting around in storage 55 years  didn't do it any good. I'm sure it is stiff and ready to crack the first time anyone sits in it. We know it is dirty.

Good to see you're close to finishing it.

Take Care
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

C500

Thanks, real happy with the quality and how well they came out. Needed to add more foam to the buckets though, even bought the new bucket foams from them. Have new white headrests and hinge covers to go on too.

C500

Coming together nicely! Pulling them out again soon, have new seatbelts and new carpet to go in next.

hemi-hampton

C500

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 09, 2023, 07:50:50 PM
Looks nice :2thumbs:  Leon.
Thanks Leon...good to see there's still one or 2 people checking out the Aero section too

426HemiChick

Hi Duncan,                 09 February 2023

When are you gonna drive that beautiful car over to this side of the pond?

That is one beautiful Charger 500. You can be right Proud.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

C500

Thanks Hemi Chicks! Would love to bring it over, but the cost of international travel and shipping it over makes it rather costly! We'll just have to come and check everyone elses neat cars out...hope all is well over there! We've just dodged Cyclone Gabrielle here!

RallyeMike

Looks great. F8 over white is the original color combo of my 500, which is currently black.

Inspiration for someday!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

C500

Quote from: RallyeMike on February 16, 2023, 04:49:49 PMLooks great. F8 over white is the original color combo of my 500, which is currently black.

Inspiration for someday!

Mike - stunning factory combo. I'll get some better pics once I get the steel wheels done in green, redlines and dog dish caps on. Have some 69 Magnums with the trim rings, a set of Polara / Monaco wheel covers too... plenty of options for a different kind of look. The Wingfoot's and black black steelies on there get alot of comments too.

charger500440

Quote from: C500 on December 12, 2022, 05:53:43 PMGot the door panels and upper door pads on. Seats, carpet etc in the new year. Legendary stuff is top quality.
Looks awesome, nice job!!! Two questions, are your upper door pads new Legendary pieces? And, where did you get the upper pad/glass "cat whisker" gaskets? They look very nice in the photos...
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

C500

Quote from: charger500440 on February 17, 2023, 08:25:58 AM
Quote from: C500 on December 12, 2022, 05:53:43 PMGot the door panels and upper door pads on. Seats, carpet etc in the new year. Legendary stuff is top quality.
Looks awesome, nice job!!! Two questions, are your upper door pads new Legendary pieces? And, where did you get the upper pad/glass "cat whisker" gaskets? They look very nice in the photos...

Yes, the new interior is from Legendary, except the head rests as Legendary don't make them. The inner cat whiskers are from them too, rear upper pads came with them already fitted. The outers ones I have are rubbish, need to buy them from Legendary also. It's a pity they didn't supply the whole set with the pads.