News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 resto

Started by C500, April 18, 2009, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

440mop

And I thought I had it rough when I brought the Daytona in!
I had to have the boot floor replaced, but prior to that the certifier asked who had done the welding; as it was done in CA. in the 70's when the CNG tanks were taken out I didn't really have an answer!!
Glad to see another aero car on the road over here.
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

C500

Thanks John, it would be great to see them parked up together. I haven't put it through certification yet. The certifiers engineer is aware of what is happening and will be there when the new trunk floor is spot welded in. Sign-off should be a breeze.

Duncan
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

moparchris

wow!!
Keep up the great work Duncan.  She'll be back on the road and burning rubber before you know it!!!
:cheers:

C500

Quote from: moparchris on June 26, 2009, 06:52:51 PM
wow!!
Keep up the great work Duncan.  She'll be back on the road and burning rubber before you know it!!!
:cheers:

Cheers Chris. I hope to have her back on the road by the start of summer (it's mid winter over here now).

We sat the quarters on her. They are the Goodmark ones as you know. The steel is so thin, I will get a set of AMD quarters instead and sell the other ones. I think the plug and windscreen will need to come out anyway. It will hold things up a bit, but will be well worth it. I have new AMD valence end caps to go on too.  :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

69bronzeT5

Lookin' great! Moving along pretty fast :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WINGR

Keep up the good work Duncan, us F8 Charger 500's have to stick together. Look forward to seeing pics of it back on the road.   :cheers:

Go Green  :2thumbs:

WINGR/Steve

C500

rear window out, the rear plug is in pretty good condition.......and down to bare metal

C500

someone's been practising their cake icing skills on this car. There was thick bondo around the plug, dutchman panel and joins.Not sure why it was even put there, the steel underneath was solid and straight. The plug will stay in. Top part of original quarters up the sail panel will remain, with new quarters welded in below window line. Plenty of good lead in the quarter/roof join

C500

headlight pods and housings, front bumper irons and cross member, grill support have all been sandblasted and now painted.

C500

sill patch in, drivers fender down to metal. Drivers floor piece and passengers patch welded in

C500

I finished stripping the paint from my passengers fender last week. There was a couple of messy repairs in the top corner but in otherwise good shape.

hemi68charger

Dang Dunk...
You're full-bore with this project................  :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

Fantastic work!  Reminds me of when I was working on mine and lots of the pictures of parts were spread across furniture.  :lol:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Hemidog

tan top

some nice work going on there !! great stuff  :coolgleamA: keep the pictures coming :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C500

Thanks for the comments guys. I can't wait to be behind the wheel again. It's good to be involved and doing some labor on the car and not just paying or watching someone else to do everything.

Dunk

The70RT

Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 25, 2009, 02:04:40 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I can't wait to be behind the wheel again. It's good to be involved and doing some labor on the car and not just paying or watching someone else to do everything.

Dunk

Cool. Another guy taking on a lot of work himself....way to go  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

C500

a couple more recent pictures...re-conditioned the old springs - sandblasted, coated, rebuild kit. Got a bunch of new parts to put on the car, just waiting for 'em to arrive.

66chargerkid

Still trucking away?
Very nice work.
Little more then you bargained for eh? Kinda figured it would turn into a part resto vs. just some body work LOL

C500

Quote from: 66chargerkid on January 13, 2010, 01:05:23 AM
Still trucking away?
Very nice work.
Little more then you bargained for eh? Kinda figured it would turn into a part resto vs. just some body work LOL

yeah still trucking away...slowed down a bit recently.....we shifted house twice in the last 6 months and my wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant.

more than I bargained for - nope, everything thats getting done now is just old and didn't need doing, but may as well get it done while the cars apart. saves pulling it apart again in the future and doing it again.

pulled the heater box out last visit, have a re-co kit for that now too, and will probably get the whole dash out, put the new decals on the gauges........engine and trans are out now too :cheers: It's not going to be a full resto, but alot of work done.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kiwi68 on January 13, 2010, 02:27:24 AM
yeah still trucking away...slowed down a bit recently.....we shifted house twice in the last 6 months and my wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant....

Dunk, Congrads on your new arrival !!!!!   :2thumbs:  Now, you'll have another co-pilot......... This your first?

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 13, 2010, 06:32:56 AM
yeah still trucking away...slowed down a bit recently.....we shifted house twice in the last 6 months and my wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant....

Dunk, Congrads on your new arrival !!!!!   :2thumbs:  Now, you'll have another co-pilot......... This your first?

Troy

Thanks Troy, this will be our second. We've got a 2 1/2 year old too.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kiwi68 on January 13, 2010, 01:24:32 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 13, 2010, 06:32:56 AM

Dunk, Congrads on your new arrival !!!!!   :2thumbs:  Now, you'll have another co-pilot......... This your first?

Troy

Thanks Troy, this will be our second. We've got a 2 1/2 year old too.

Ahhh, plenty of helping hands then like this with Julie at a little under 2 yrs....

Link to Julie cleaning Dana
Troy

C500

Ahhh, plenty of helping hands then like this with Julie at a little under 2 yrs....

Link to Julie cleaning Dana

heh heh, nice clip!  :2thumbs:

Paul 500

Love the leaf springs, so many people just paint them black.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500