News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nose cone gasket adjustment

Started by taxspeaker, November 25, 2011, 08:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

The nose cone gasket on my superbird is on backwards (yeah I know)-having never pulled the nose cone I was wondering if anyone has been able to just pull the top tray and loosed the cone enough to pull the gasket and reverse it correctly? Thanks

Bob

DAY CLONA

your talking about the rubber gaskets on the fender flange edges, under the cone skin?.....there is no hood to nose seal on a bird, just fender seals, although I have seen a few gaffed with a Daytona hood/nose seal, but anyway you should be able to loosen the 4 bolts(2 per side) on the frame horns that hold the C frames, remove the bolts at the REAR of the latch tray, this will allow you to slide the cone assy out far enough to get to the fender seals, about the only air seal to be concerned about is the lower yoke seal located at the bottom, in front of the radiator, all the other air seals will move with the nose, I would support the nose when you pull it forward, when you push it back in place, tighten up all the bolts a little at a time, to avoid drawing the cone in one direction, support it where it needs to be, and torque all the fastners loosen/removed gradually, and all at the same time

Mike

taxspeaker

Thanks mike, yes that is the seal I mean