News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona is going into Hibernation

Started by daytonalo, May 02, 2009, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

See you in the fall !!!

69bronzeT5

Cuppy, why's it going into hibernation and where's it going? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WingCharger

I thought animals hibernated in the winter... :scratchchin: :nana:

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

Hey guys, there's no rule that says that projects have to be finished immediately. Sometimes, the journey is as much fun as the destination.

Hey, that trailer looks a lot like my 26' Classic Dominator.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Just have way too much shit going on and besides it's almost boating season and I'm full time on boat

73TXRallye440

BigBlockSam

paint it . then put it away . like that the paint hardens .then the paint will be ready for cutting by the winter
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

Dont know who paints your cars but we bake our cars in a 80 k downdraft booth , they are cured in 1 hour .

BigBlockSam

QuoteDont know who paints your cars but we bake our cars in a 80 k downdraft booth , they are cured in 1 hour .

i paint my cars . in my backyard. i put them in the sun to bake them .  :yesnod:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

it is a 24 ft trailer that I pull with my 3000 dollar cummins ram off of Craigslist that has over 650 ft lbs @ the rear wheels . it will pull over 13 k stock . I raced a boxster and Audi tt and they never got past me

hotrod98

I just spent three days this week wet sanding and buffing the 69 Road Runner body. And, that's just the cowl, roof, dutchman, rockers and both quarters. I'll paint the doors, deck lid and fenders seperately. The hood will be semi-gloss black.
Did I mention that I hate black? It's totally straight and it looks great, even if I do say so myself.  :icon_smile_big:

I never wait more than three days after painting before cutting and buffing. I do wait on the polishing step with the foam pad until after everything's together though. It's going to get micro scratches just from handling the parts.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Old Moparz

Larry, your car looks better in primer than a lot of cars I saw at Carlisle with paint this past spring....lol.

Too bad you're so far south in NJ, I'd love to stop by & see your car in person.

You planning to be at the Mopar show at Englishtown this month?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

daytonalo

Thank you for that compliment !! We have spent a great deal of time blocking , surfacer , blocking , surfacer a ton of work . I will not be @ Englishtown , all my focus is on Boating right now .

Larry

Old Moparz

Quote from: daytonalo on May 04, 2009, 10:33:56 AM
Thank you for that compliment !! We have spent a great deal of time blocking , surfacer , blocking , surfacer a ton of work . I will not be @ Englishtown , all my focus is on Boating right now .

Larry

There's water right next to the track where people are skiing all the time. Bring your boat instead of the Daytona.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

daytonalo

My boat runs 103 Mph , that is a puddle @ Daytona

PocketThunder

Quote from: daytonalo on May 04, 2009, 12:41:36 PM
My boat runs 103 Mph , that is a puddle @ Daytona

Do you make any money racing that boat or is it more for fun in the sun with the ladies?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

A little of both