News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

There goes my baby! UPDATE:She came home Friday 9/27/13.

Started by FJ5WING, April 24, 2009, 07:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 20, 2011, 11:29:22 AM

This was the picture that sure looks like a new quarter.  Perfectly painted to just the quarter. :scratchchin: :rofl:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

FJ5WING

Thats not my car in that pic! :nana:
wingless now, but still around.

nascarxx29

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 29, 2011, 04:47:02 AM
I M SLOWLY MOVING ALONG.....I had a friend help out with the Dana ( I have no idea how to do the ring and pinnion dance and dont want to have problems later from learning on this job) Im really happy and for now only have limited pics. I would like to know who knows about the green plastic plug? Ive only seen red plugs available to buy so we went with the original green piece.
I will also be posting pics of the heater box as soon as I get the stamp in hand and can get the part number applied.

Wheres the snail smiley.............. :D

That green dana plstic should say Clover 203 on it

Shows evidence of black paint and says clover 203

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

FJ5WING

Ive got some paint updates since the shop FINALLY finished up the Road Runner and are able to focus on my car.

I spent a long time on color selection! not the color choice but the shade of color I was happy with. Thanks to Doug and Ron for more help than I could have imagined!

The main body is expected to be shot late next week and I'll definetly have pics to show off but for now just some teasers. Im not sure what else is painted because these were mailed to me. I'll be at the shop on Monday and on paint day next week.

FJ5WING

The overspray looks a little heavier in the picture than it does in person. Im happy with it but we did go back and adjust the amount and location on the front frame rails.

JB400

1966hemi

:cheers:More great work!

Hoser2455

hemi68charger

Quote from: FJ5WING on March 16, 2013, 04:08:37 PM
The overspray looks a little heavier in the picture than it does in person. Im happy with it but we did go back and adjust the amount and location on the front frame rails.

Naaaaaa... Don't redo anything... You've accomplished a lot... Unless it is a major problem, press forward........... Looking great......   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

Today was paint day at the shop! Im stoked and heading to the shop Friday morning to see and love all that green! excuse the poor quality of the cell phone pics. Ill try to get some good camera shots when I get there.

Aero426

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   now your loving the green    :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mytur Binsdirti

Cooter

Always liked that Lime color on a SB. NICE!
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Wow, paint looks great!!  :drool5:
Shade looks good, do you know what it was shot in?  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tan top

:drool5: :drool5:  looks awesome   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn:

Quote from: bill440rt on March 29, 2013, 07:12:56 AM
Wow, paint looks great!!  :drool5:
Shade looks good, do you know what it was shot in?  :scratchchin:

looks like base & clear to me  :scratchchin:  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

pettybird

Quote from: bill440rt on March 29, 2013, 07:12:56 AM
Wow, paint looks great!!  :drool5:
Shade looks good, do you know what it was shot in?  :scratchchin:

The study, by Colonel Mustard.

dyslexic teddybear

Looks great :2thumbs:

For me....it's a color that works only on certain cars......

Damm sure works on this one:drool5:

WINGIN IT

Ahhh color, I find it so motivating, looks great, can't wait to see more !  :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

Thanks guys!
Its PPG BC/CC and isn't exactly off the shelf, Thanks to Doug and Ron (Big Bird) I was able to get a color Im happy with. It was a 2 month ordeal Im not looking forward to ever repeating.

I took some pics but the car is still in the booth and the pics aren't much different than the one posted. Ill post them up tomorrow...Off to bed! (3RD Shifter)

Aero426

Dave and his painter put a LOT of work and shot several different test panels to get a color adjustment that would be representative of what the factory paint looked like.  A lot of times when you see Limelight on cars, it really looks oversaturated.   Almost too vibrant. 

bill440rt

PPG was my hunch too looking at the pics. Their colors are so much more vibrant, they have that "pop".
Looks really good!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

green69rt

Quote from: FJ5WING on March 16, 2013, 04:08:37 PM

Just a little note, not nitpicking.  I love the car and color, doing an excellent job.  I can't see the speedo cable clip on your car.  Maybe 70 Birds didn't have it or maybe it just doesn't show up in the pic :shruggy: