News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When it comes to gauge cluster, who does it all?

Started by bull, November 13, 2005, 10:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm looking for a place to do it all to my cluster, ie., make the transparent plastic clear again, reface the gauges and make them work right with the quartz movement in the clock. Does any one place do it all?

471_Magnum

AutoInstruments Corp

Cost you about $600 for the whole works. Pretty steep, but I hear they do excellent work.

I believe Performance Car Graphics offers a service as well.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Spartan

I had autoinstruments do mine.  It was about $700 and they were the cheapest I found.  That amount including redoing an old tach.  Performance may be about the same price but their lead time was about 6 months when I checked. AI was 3 weeks.  I dealt with Gentry.  Seemed like a good bunch.  I will probably send them my plastic dash bezels for resto when I save up some more $$.  I posted them once before but here are the before and after pics of mine
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

bull

That looks nice, Spartan. What about the clear plastic that goes over them all? Did they do that too?

Spartan

Ya, they polished it as well.  Mine looks brand new, they took allot of scratches out of it.  My tach had rust on the back, they sand blasted and painted it as well. Silkscreened the faces back on all the gauges.  They replaced the emergency brake and turn signal lenses as well.  I took all my switches off and cleaned them while the cluster was out.  The small gauges worked but they recalibrated them all and repaired the speedo (replaced the worn out parts).  They will bench test everything and then call you with the the cost.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

bull

Spartan, you might check with www.cvvacuumplaters.com for a price on your plastic bezel stuff too. The pieces were originally chrome vacuum plated before the black paint went on. Check here for PDF files on pricing (with 'after' pics) http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/mopar.htm

Spartan

Thanks Bull.  AI just started rechoming and repainting the plastic bezel that was the first place I saw do the whole thing.  What stinks is, my black is fine,its the chrome that stinks on them.

bull

Same here. I bought a radio faceplate and rear speaker fader plate from a member here with bad chrome, but it looked so good I swore up and down that the edges were supposed to be painted silver rather than chrome plated. It took several pics from other members to convince me otherwise.