News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger frame rails

Started by wayfast1500, April 02, 2011, 11:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayfast1500

I found a way to keep my charger, and while im making extra cash I would like to order parts for my car so when it slows down and I have free time I can make some progress.  The front frame rails and torque boxes on my car is completely rotted, I dont even trust lifting it.  I found new rear frame rails, but cant find any front.  This something I might have to make myself?  I also need the front inner apron, front floor on both sides, and trunk pan so far.  Any reccomendations on where to get these?  I checked AMD and it looks like rockauto has AMD panels cheaper than the AMD site.

green69rt

Most of those parts are available or will be available thru AMD.  Just don't by from them directly, they charge full retail.  Front frame rails should be coming soon.  Lots of other sell AMD at a discount, BE&A even Y1.

wayfast1500

I was thinking about sand blasting the old frame rails, putting POR15 on them, then boxing them with some 1/8th inch flat stock if I cant find any.  I havnt checked to see if it would be easier to cut them out completely and weld some new box tubing in.  The car will be getting a 440, and Im sure a stock 318 would twist it apart its so bad.

MaximRecoil

wayfast1500

I should have added my car is a 73, I know they dont make steel fenders yet, or hoods.