News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 vs. 69 locks ?

Started by grdprx, April 22, 2009, 01:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

I have a 68 Charger.  When I got it, the seller didn't have a key; but had a "68" lock set for me.  Ignition switch, door locks and trunk and glove box. 

Well, I pulled my ignition switch off last month, it's shorter.  Which means, I got a 69 lock set!  The guys was wrong, even though he told me they were from a 68 mopar...  Oh well.

So, here is my question..  Will 69 door locks work if I got a key made for my 68 ignition and had the door locks re-keyed?  I don't believe the lock cylinders will interchange on the ignition switch, they look different.

What about trunk/glove box locks, do 68 and 69 interchange?

Charger-Bodie

As far as the locks themselves go , they are the same with the ignition being the one that actually wont exchange.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

grdprx

Right on, thats cool.  I'll have to get a key made then, and have those locks re-keys.  Thanks!   :2thumbs:

Troy

Hey, I could use that 69 ignition lock (the longer one)...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.