News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I convert 70 charger drum to disc break setup

Started by troy.70R/T, May 17, 2009, 02:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I would just as soon buy the U.S.  So BULL do you have the Part #on your receipt so I can figure out which rotor to get. Even if it is not from NAPA I should be able to cross reference the P#. Worst case I will order one from where you bought yours and measure the thru the spindle depth to see which NAPA ones to get.

deputycrawford

Hey guys. I just went to Advanced Auto Parts today and asked them for a master cylinder for a 73 Dart. He showed me the part numbers. It looks like the NAPA numbers and the A1 Cardone numbers are about the same. The Cardones are reman. I hope the power brake cylinder will fit my manual car. I am using the Scarebird kit with the Government Motors parts. I will check with NAPA and see if the numbers match for the power Dart setup. I know this might be old info but I thought I would put it together in one post.

NAPA
True Stop 10-1475

A1 CARDONE
10-1493M    manual brakes

10-1493      power brakes
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

troy.70R/T

yeah this post is old but I am still trying to figure out which 77 Fury rotor to order for my car. I actually had some other stuff to do so kind of put this to the back burnner but am ready to do the break swap now.

deputycrawford

I heard you can use the 11.75 inch rotors from a 77 Chrysler Cordoba. At least I believe Scarebird lists those as the ones.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

bull

Quote from: troy.70R/T on July 16, 2009, 02:56:00 PM
I would just as soon buy the U.S.  So BULL do you have the Part #on your receipt so I can figure out which rotor to get. Even if it is not from NAPA I should be able to cross reference the P#. Worst case I will order one from where you bought yours and measure the thru the spindle depth to see which NAPA ones to get.

The Napa p/n I found on their website for the Fury rotors is NB 4885579 but my receipt just says 85579.

troy.70R/T

Thanks BULL That is the last digits in one of the part numbers so I think I will give those a try first. Thanks for the help.

troy.70R/T

Bull Well I am getting ready to order the porportinoing valve from Wilwood. Is there a certian one I need. Thanks again  Troy

troy.70R/T

Well I finally got to the disc break conversion and am almost done. The only question I have is that since the Mopar tech archives article said to hang the calipers off the front and I did that. I have a 70 Charger so the sway bar should not be an issue. However I see that now the rubber break line runs from the back to the front. It now has to go under the upper A-arm to get to the Caliper. I cannot see where it will ever get pinched by the A-arm/shock, but I just wanted to see if you guys mounted your spindles to hang off the front like the article says and see if you have had any trouble with break lines.