News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carb problems

Started by sparkybr74mr, May 16, 2009, 10:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkybr74mr

I recently puy a new edelbrock 1812 on my charger 440, I am still having the surging problem during driving (idles good and has a good rap on the throttle without being driven) One of the troubleshooting tips was that there may not be enough fuel pressure. So tonight I bought a new external fuel pump, checked for any pinched fuel lines and replaced the fuel filter. My question is do I have to re-route the fuel lines from the old fuel pump on the block or can I leave it hooked up the way she is. I already mounted the fuel pump along the frame-rail and piped her in. I just need to hook it up to an ignition source.

flyinlow

My edey carb works well with 5-6 psi at the carb.  Any chance you fuel pump pushrod is worn? 

The electric pumps I have used will push thru the engine driven pump. I only run the electric to refill the carb after it has sat for a few day or high fuel flow situations.

:Twocents:

gers1968rt

I had surging problems that were because of timing issues. I had put in quick advance springs in the distributor but it caused my timing to jump all over the place. I replaced them with the original ones and the timing was rock solid, no more jumping around. Then I had to take some advance out of the vacuum. This solved the surging for me. Gerry
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.