News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sad ending for a local '69 Mustang and it's owner.

Started by TruckDriver, May 24, 2009, 11:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Sad story  :angel:

Yep, our cars have much heavier gauge metal, but without the proper bends to strengthen the car...the gauge doesn't matter. Also the lack of safety features..out lap belts do squat besides keeping us in the car...they dont keep us from getting a nice imprint from the wheel..though we do have 10ft of hood to protect us LOL

bearbqd

Quote from: FLG on May 27, 2009, 02:40:22 PM
Sad story  :angel:

Yep, our cars have much heavier gauge metal, but without the proper bends to strengthen the car...the gauge doesn't matter. Also the lack of safety features..out lap belts do squat besides keeping us in the car...they dont keep us from getting a nice imprint from the wheel..though we do have 10ft of hood to protect us LOL
I installed some XV Motorsports retractable shoulder harnesses in my 68 Charger and they work great.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

FJ5WING

[/quote]
I installed some XV Motorsports retractable shoulder harnesses in my 68 Charger and they work great.
[/quote]

hopefully you never find out how well they work!
wingless now, but still around.

Bossman963

the mustang has no support@ all in the door- so when the ranger which sits higher hit the door and only thing in the door is 2 metal small poles for window guides and the window. You have the outer skin that about 16 guage and thas it- I have owned & still own that year Mustang69- The driver had no chance of living after beining T-Boned like that- RIP
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS