News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen. Heater Control "Light Bar"?

Started by b5blue, November 20, 2013, 05:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

The optional light for heater control, are they all black or trim colored to match the pad parts?  :scratchchin:

b5blue

Dino

Neil do you mean the painted part on the chrome housing?  That's always black in 68's and 69's so I would guess to say it's black in 70's as well.

I redid mine in SEM trim black.

Page 3, 3rd post from the top

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86736.50.html
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

I'll have to look closely at mine but it's pretty much the same.  I'll get some more info tonight.

66FBCharger

I have one of those light bars on my '70 RR. The RR has the light pkg. My '69 Charger R/T does not have a light bar. The R/T does not have the light package. Is this lightbar part of the optional light package?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

b5blue

Really I don't know so I'm not gonna lie to ya. My "plan is" to ditch all the factory A/C stuff 100% and replace with Classic Auto Air. That requires using a heater only controller and I bought a nice one off eBay. Factory supplied controller with this light-bar has a small notch in the center for the wire to the light so I'll grind a notch in mine for fitting. I'm painting a bunch of interior parts soon and can't decide between black or the blue that matches the dash.
  I thought someone would know if they were all black or colored to match the interior.  :scratchchin: 

tsmithae

My car was originally a green interior car and that light surround was black on mine when I tore it down.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

b5blue

Dino

I checked mine as well and it's the same basic light bar.  Also flat black in my original F8 interior.   :2thumbs:

b5blue

A light coat of SEM Trim Black should do it. Thanks again guys!  :2thumbs: