News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shhhhhh, It's alive

Started by mikepmcs, May 25, 2009, 08:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

No i'm sure your right on. I just did a quick search and that's all that kept coming up.  I'll check the color charts down at my buddy's shop in the next couple days to see if I can get a chip.  I'll put it next to my car if I find it and see how big a difference it makes.

You want me to spray out a small panel with some BBO(have a half quart left) and send it to you so you can see what it will look like?

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

suburbanfireman

:cheers:
Car looks great.  Do you mind if I ask what size tires / rims you put on all 4 corners?  The stance looks perfect on your car (back tires are just right - not too small  :Twocents:).  I have the 15x8.5 AR vectors (repops) with 5 inch BS for my 68 - just need to buy tires.  I want to get it right the first time - otherwise I will be forced to "wear-out" my back tires quickly! 
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

mikepmcs

Thanks.

UP FRONT:  15x7   235/60/R15 BFG'S   I wouldn't dare go too much bigger there.
OUT BACK: 15x8.5 295/50/R15 BFG'S   They yell at me every now and again when going slow taking a turn on a grade when the back end squats.  Nothing I can't live with.

American Racing repops just like yours as well. 

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TylerCharger69

Yeah  Mike...that'll be cool!!!  I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to go with, but to actually see it up close and personal would help finalize my decision.

mikepmcs

Ok, I'll BC/CC a panel this weekend and get your info after it's done.

Light or dark primer.  If you have an idea what primer you are going with, I'll throw a coat of that on there as well prior to paint

TylerCharger69

I imagine it'll be a light grey. I'm going to put the car in a full sealer coat and It resembles the grey primer

mikepmcs

Yup, we got some gray sealer down there I think.  I'll probably do it Saturday.

TylerCharger69

Mike....got the sample in the mail today!!!   That's what I needed to see so I can go order this paint.  I really appreciate that!!!  I guess mine was a bit on the dark side, but if you look at the pics....it's hard to tell...

mikepmcs

:2thumbs:
Glad you got it ok. Looking forward to updates on your build.   :cheers:

Lord Warlock

Nice to see another charger owner with a challenger as a daily driver.  Also nice to see them color coordinated,  I'm just starting the reassembly process on mine after years of work, and maybe will get some pictures loaded soon,  but i have a 2010 DY challenger r/t to go with the 69 Y3 Charger. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.