News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Missing fender tag - what should I do?

Started by dpm68, November 07, 2005, 06:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Let us know how their tags turn out. I know a few other people who used them to get a fender tag but none of them had an origional to compare it to. And i'm no pro at seeing which is a new tag, and which is an old tag.

I tried to purchase that collection of 400 fender tags and buildsheets on ebay a few years back but got out bid on it. I had talked to the guy selling it and it had 2 fender tags to Daytona's in there so that is all I wanted the batch for. To get info on the Daytona's and then give it to the clubs. But I wasn't willing to pay the $1,500 it brought, i dropped out of the bidding at $600

Nupe

For what it's woth I pulled the tag from my car so it doesn't get taken.  Hard to trust anyone these days especially with a car away in storage. :P

I'm surprised my tag was there since the car is repainted red and was originally gold.  There was still gold on the tag.  All the tag really told me was stuff I could see myself like the four speed.  Just wish I could find my broadcast sheet.  :-\

'79 Lil'Red Express.

JimShine

I remember you telling me that at the show. I too took my tag off the '69 to keep it from being stolen. I had an idea though. If you go up to Vince's you will see a few of the tags left on the cars are actually held on with rivets. I may do something like that on my tag to keep it from getting ripped off. Not correct, but if done right not glaringly obvious either.

C500

At A.G. Backeast, to get a new tag made it is still $50 without having an original tag to compare it to. You have to provide them a grid sheet showing line by line and space by space how you want the tag to appear. I am about to go down that road.
Anybody here done this and still got a copy of their grid sheet?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."