News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Hideaway Light Question/Problem

Started by aone415, June 16, 2009, 12:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aone415

Okay... so over the weekend we were testing the vacuum actuators in the car to see if the light doors would open and close... well we got 50% right, the hideaways will open but will not close... I Searched all of the threads regarding vacuum and hideaways but left feeling more bewildered than when I started... any one have any ideas as to what I need to check for????

Here's a quick vid of the hideaways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOJpnn6IG_4

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

-A

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Do you have them hooked up correctly?  They require vacuum to open & the release of vacuum to close.   make sure the rod is not getting hung up on any wires or the metal bracket that you would use to manually hold them open in case of a vacuum failure....

See this diagram from the FSM.... do you have the original style color coded hoses?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

aone415

Chris... we did use that diagram to connect the vac hoses.  We did not use the color coded factory hoses... I may just have to disconnect it all and start from scratch to see where it went wrong... I did check the boots and diaphragm and both seem to be in good shape (not dry rotted) so it just may be a backward connection somewhere, hopefully  ::)

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.