News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 wheel options

Started by C500, November 12, 2008, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I've never heard that one before?  What would be the rationale behind it seeing as how both cars would have the same dust caps for the front and axles on the rear?

69_500

I've never heard anything about a dodge and a plymouth version of the W23 wheels. Although I must admit that I don't pay that much attention to what was available on a Plymouth in 69 as I do to the Dodge's in 69.

I know that I saw a very nice set for sale a few years back, but man were they pricey. I know of an individual who would also be very interested in a set of NOS center caps to the W23 wheels.

moparstuart

There is so little info on these wheels he has not been able to find anything on it either ,but the wheels are for sure original recalls

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Has he personally verified that the center caps are different or is this just something he's "heard"?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on November 15, 2008, 12:14:05 PM
Has he personally verified that the center caps are different or is this just something he's "heard"?
they are totally different design and fit , hole is different size , but does have all the correct chrysler markings , He has had them for a long time used to run them on his daytona years ago .

UFO

moparstuart

Quote from: UFO on November 15, 2008, 03:52:58 PM
http://wwnboa.org/khw.htm
Answers a few questions.
yes but his are all 4 the trim ring type wheel , not the aftermarket chrome edged style wheel ?

UFO

Both pics on that link have trim rings just different center caps.

moparstuart

sorry i didnt look at that and oh BTW those are the exact wheels i was taking about wayne perkins wheels  LOL  I JUST NOTICE SUE COMMENT ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHER

He had them on his daytona and are now slated for his charger 500 on day .

69_500

It could be me, and I could be wrong but the photo I have of a 500 that is a early pic IE 1968, has the W23 wheels with the pointed center cap. Not the flush one.

Ghoste

I'd like to know more about the Dodge and Plymouth version thing.  I find that interesting too.

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on November 15, 2008, 12:01:45 PM

I know that I saw a very nice set for sale a few years back, but man were they pricey.

was that the dave jones set?  they seem kinda cheap by today's standards! 

69_500

Quote from: pettybird on November 16, 2008, 01:17:07 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 15, 2008, 12:01:45 PM

I know that I saw a very nice set for sale a few years back, but man were they pricey.

was that the dave jones set?  they seem kinda cheap by today's standards! 

No actually they were a set that was in illinois, about 3 years ago. I think the asking price at the time was $7,500 for the set of 4. There was another set with tires on it for sale a few years back too. I think I still have a photo of them as a set.

Rat Exterminator

I've also posted in the brakes/wheels section but I bought a set of the repops for my 500 and they won't fit over the newer 73 style rotors because the hub is slightly larger. any suggestions? don't think I want to machine the opening larger in the wheels because it might weaken them, could the hubs be turned down on the rotors? or what are the chances of finding a set of 69 rotors, calipers, etc. I think even the spindles and the backing plates are different plus they are more susceptible to problems I've read.  also if I get that problem solved will there be any other issues such as caliper clearance?  Thanks Greg