News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

QUESTION: Inner top windshield steel molding installation

Started by Dodge Don, May 26, 2009, 06:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

On the inside of the car, at the top of the windshield there is a steel moulding/cover that runs along the top of the windshield. It covers the front section of the headliner and the windshield weatherstripping.

This screws into metal clips. My question is....do the clips need to be installed when the windshield & windshield weather stripping is installed or can the clips be installed after?

It seems the clips just get pushed into the weatherstripping and could be done well after the windshield/weatherstripping is installed.

Thanks.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Not exactly sure Don but I can tell you this I left mine installed when I replaced my windshield & gasket....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Those clips go into square holes in the front foor header . It is easier when the windshield is out but can be done after. The clips also sandwich the headliner in front.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dodge Don

Those replies help. I looked at my pictures again and I had thought that the clips tuck into the weatherstripping but upon closer inspection they look like they poke through the front headliner into holes in the roof structure. It is a PITA with the shell out at the shop and not being able to pop into my garage to look for myself right away. I'll just have to note the mounting locations prior to installing the headliner. Thanks guys.

69hemi

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 26, 2009, 07:52:03 AM
Those clips go into square holes in the front foor header . It is easier when the windshield is out but can be done after. The clips also sandwich the headliner in front.
"Easier" is an understatement.  Getting those clips in when the glass is in can be a royal pain. 

If you are re-using the originals, a good tip is to put a daub of weatherstripping adhesive into the square holes before seating the clips.  When it dries the clips will remain tight.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram