News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

< update 06/07 > front end rebuild '69 Charger: it's back together...

Started by CB, June 14, 2009, 11:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

I just picked up the box with most of the in stock parts.
Still need the sleeves and some other small stuff.

I am heading to my little garage and will turn into a grease monkey in no time :eek2:  :lol:

I'll post some progress pics in a new thread.
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CB

update June 24

after collecting some tools I succeeded to pull most of the parts off.
The pitman arm will be pulled once I find the right tool. Or the boot replaced...

Thanks for checking :popcrn:

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

Except for the pitman arm, everything is removed from the car.

One BIG thank you for member 'six-tee-nine' for his incredible help!!!!!

Now I need to clean the parts and give it some paint.
Then the reassembly will start.

Some pics later tonight.

Thanks for reading :cheers:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

b5blue

tan top

Quote from: CB on August 27, 2009, 10:21:42 AM
Except for the pitman arm, everything is removed from the car.

One BIG thank you for member 'six-tee-nine' for his incredible help!!!!!

Now I need to clean the parts and give it some paint.
Then the reassembly will start.

Some pics later tonight.

Thanks for reading :cheers:
CB

been wondering  whats been happening  , look forward to seeing  pictures  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CB

battery (camera) went dead so shooting some pics is delayed :slap:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

six-tee-nine

Yeah I got my hands dirty removing the parts, now it's time for CB to get his dirty on removing the 40 year old goop that is caked to the suspention parts.
Get them nice and shiney so our hands stay clean when we put everything together again.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

CB

Started the cleaning/painting job today.
I chose not to go with factory correct colors but went with nice aluminum silver  :coolgleamA:

Here some pics of us.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

OK, I do more then just watch  :slap:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

b5blue

:2thumbs: If you shoot clear over the paint it will kinda look "steel" and protect it better too. Good Luck with it!

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

painted  :icon_smile_cool:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

six-tee-nine

dude, that looks nice....

But you aint gonna make me wear them white butler gloves to put it together again are you?

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

b5blue

Make certain your strut rods (brake reaction rods in the FSM) are straight as an arrow now that it's apart! Any bend will result in your brakes seeming to pull to one side when you brake hard.....you can go nuts trying to figure out why. It happened to me, the bar was bent right where it attaches to the LCA. Rolling them on a flat surface will make any bend show as a wobble.  :2thumbs:

CB

Quote from: b5blue on August 30, 2009, 10:27:34 AM
Make certain your strut rods (brake reaction rods in the FSM) are straight as an arrow now that it's apart! Any bend will result in your brakes seeming to pull to one side when you brake hard.....you can go nuts trying to figure out why. It happened to me, the bar was bent right where it attaches to the LCA. Rolling them on a flat surface will make any bend show as a wobble.  :2thumbs:

Damn!
One is bent...  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

b5blue

CRAP! (But better you find out now!) Same thing happened to me, I got one side done, went to the other tore it apart and oh no!  :brickwall: Send out an SOS on here maybe someones got one left over from an up grade! 68-70 B and E body are the same I think.  :scratchchin: Believe me you have to tear it all back down to replace one later.

six-tee-nine

That is some bad news CB Remeber the left side one.....looks like a banana....

And Neal is right, swapping them out is not as easy since the whole set up needs to be trorn apart again then....
I guess working extra hours is the case for you my friend....

CB

Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 31, 2009, 05:23:48 AM
That is some bad news CB Remeber the left side one.....looks like a banana....

And Neal is right, swapping them out is not as easy since the whole set up needs to be trorn apart again then....
I guess working extra hours is the case for you my friend....

Just looked at some parts & prices  :eek2:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

b5blue

I got a cherry used one from eBay for 70 bucks including express shipping.  ;)

CB

Quote from: b5blue on August 31, 2009, 08:59:49 PM
I got a cherry used one from eBay for 70 bucks including express shipping.  ;)

I might go with a new set of aluminum strut rods from Mancini. They also sell the pitman arm I need.
Aluminum parts and pitman arm won't screw me on shipping costs to Belgium, steel bars prolly would... :scratchchin:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

b5blue

Did you get the PM? I found you 1 bar if you just want to go that way. Save $$$  :shruggy:

CB

yea thanks for the link!!

I still need the pitman arm and 2 bushings an I thought maybe to combine the shipping.
This way I have new rods both sides.
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500