News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

< update 06/07 > front end rebuild '69 Charger: it's back together...

Started by CB, June 14, 2009, 11:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CB on April 20, 2010, 02:20:42 PM
The (pass side) LCA, stud rod and T-bar are in position.
I need to go get 2 extra nuts for the other stud rod, then only included 2  :brickwall:

Also loosend up the swivel and bolt of the LCA, damn what a bitch :eek2:

So Koen, once both sides are put together (LCA, stud rod and T-bar) could you free up some of your precious time? Appreciate it!  

:cheers:

Good news CB :2thumbs: If you need some nuts I have some used  ones laying here, you know where I live. ;)

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

six-tee-nine

Yeah I'm extremely busy at work these days so the pitman remval tool takes some extra time......
Ist's welded but needs some grinding and I still need to drill the hole and cut the thread for the bolt that needs to go in......

When the tool is done I'll get in touch and we'll get started again
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

Today Per came over to finally get my car together. We installed the passenger side LCA, strut rod spindle bll joint and brake unit. He explained me a few basic things so in the afternoon I installed the other side.
The TBs are still out and everything need to be tightened.

Once she's ready to go back on her feet, the steering linkage will be next.
Thanks again Per for helping me out! Appreciate it!

Here is how she sits now:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

b5blue

Belgium R/T -68

There are so few Chargerguys in Belgium so we have to stick together. :cheers:

BTW, nice to finally have seen your car. :2thumbs:

Per

b5blue

six-tee-nine

CB

I'm back from a needed holiday, but I'm finally finishing my tool to get you going with that steering linkage........I guess then it's just some adjusting of camber and toe-in an then you'll be smoking your tires.
And the best of the driving season is still ahead of you....... :cheers:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

CB

looking forward to finally put my car back on the road!
still have those old tires left to smoke  :D
keep me posted  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

Today, Sunday afternoon, Per and I installed the torsion bars and all the new parts of the steering linkage.

All the adjustments need to be done, tightening the nuts to specs, installing the pins ...

Thanks Per for spending some time on my car :2thumbs:   :cheers:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

That garage of yours is just fantastic to work in. :smilielol: Anyway we make a good team. :cheers:

Per

CB

I finally found the bug that prevented the battery to load.
After going thru the engine wires several times we (thanks to Nacho!!) discovered that the elec. volt regulator died. Good news: once this electric PIA is solved she's soon gonna hit the streets :drive:

I learned a thing or two when I decided to tackle the front rebuild at my tiny place. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Since I never used the right tool for the job I never learned to work 'practically'...
Wrenching can be fun if you are somehow a little educated (  :slap: ok ok I need a shop manual) and have some friends to help out who also bring the right tools :icon_smile_big:  :2thumbs:

Also  :2thumbs: up for the big help of Nacho spending hours with me on MSN talking electric shit  :lol:

And to the board members who gave the moral support :coolgleamA:

Pics/vids soon!
Damn, do I look out for the first test run!!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500