News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash vin plate

Started by Charger72SE, June 22, 2009, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger72SE

so being the dumb a** I am, when I changed my dash from gold to black, I painted over the dash vin plate and have covered over the white Chrysler and Pentstar markings.  Does anyone have any ideas to get it back to normal?

thanks much for any ideas!

maxwellwedge

Well......You can remove it, get the right rivets and refinish the plate - I think ECS sells the decal/mask/screen whatever the offer. Or you can try some Goof-Off or lacquer thinner on a Q-tip and carefully try and remove the paint/dye.

Ghoste

And if those are the only two options, then you may as well try the careful cleanup one first because if you are going to have to go to re-decaling (that's a word, I just invented it) the thing, then you have nothing to lose. :Twocents:

Charger72SE

thanks guys for the comments

what company is ECS?  I tried to Google the name and didn't get any car parts companies in the results

I'd like to find the decal/mask. 

thanks again!

maxwellwedge

Try ECS Automotive Concepts

Ghoste

Does that mean that trying to clean it off didn't work?

Charger72SE

when I starting cleaning off the paint, all that was left was the aluminum/steel - so I'll need to strip the vin plate completely, spray it black, and then hopefully have a decal/mask to get the white Chrysler & Pentastar logo back on

Charger72SE

ECS Automotive Concepts offers the Chrysler VIN transfer.  The cost is $24 for the transfer and an additional $25 if you need the original Rosetta rivets. 

You can call them at 636 207-7767 if you would like to place an order.