News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about body trim for 73

Started by 73Charged, July 08, 2009, 03:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73Charged

Hello, another question for any 3rd generation guys with some experience.

There is a lot of chromed trim on the car. It's all chrome plated, some kind of metal. I don't even want to think about the cost of rechroming. For the most part, it's all in pretty good shape.
Has anyone ever tried painting their's before? Won't stripping the chrome tear up the surface too much? Could it be salvagable using buffer or polishing, or will that really make all the aged flaws stand out?
I welcome any input from anyone who has messed with this stuff before. I'm not sure which way or how I can go yet, man, it's a lot of trim.
Thanks.

lisiecki1

mine are painted black, and will be powdercoated by the time the car is done.....you can scuff the chrome and paint it....or blast it off.....never dull works wonders on chrome that isn't in too bad of shape.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

73Charged

Is 'never dull' a brand of paint?
Also, what color is your car painted, wondering how the black trim looks, as opposed to chrome, just trying to gather ideas. My car will be blue (like G5), so black may work, but looking at pics, the silver edging of the celebrity roof does define it.

lisiecki1

never dull is a cotton-like substance sold in a small metal can that has some type of chemical impregnated in it.....great stuff...silver can...walmart should have it.

and my car was a medium gray, and when it's done it'll be 2002 dodge charcoal metallic...so the black won't really be standing out on it.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html