News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger back up lights question

Started by 6d9 charger, August 05, 2009, 01:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6d9 charger

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PICTURE OF HOW THE WIRES RUN FROM THE TRUNK , TO THE REVERSE LIGHTS IN THE REAR PANEL BELOW THE BUMPER
I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD SEE THE WIRE TO EACH LIGHT JUST BELOW THE BUMPER RIGHT ?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes that's the correct way to route the wires....out of the trunk via a rubber grommet, then to each lens through a hole in the lower valance on each side....

Grabbed this pic from member 1969chargerrtse (Rob) of his car....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TylerCharger69

I actually placed rubber grommets in the valence holes to prevent chaffing....but that picture is correct!!!

6d9 charger

thanks , that was what i did , but for some reason it didn't look right . i guess i will keep it that way
thank you again

pete

maxwellwedge

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on August 05, 2009, 06:46:48 PM
I actually placed rubber grommets in the valence holes to prevent chaffing....but that picture is correct!!!

Tyler - Do the grommets work with any other kind of chaffing?   :scratchchin:

TylerCharger69

lol....well....i had to figure it out somehow....lmao

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 05, 2009, 06:36:43 PM
Yes that's the correct way to route the wires....out of the trunk via a rubber grommet, then to each lens through a hole in the lower valance on each side....

Grabbed this pic from member 1969chargerrtse (Rob) of his car....

Freaked me out!!  Bored looking around, I see this back up lamp question and that's one of the few things I know, and WHAM!! Is that my car?  Ha ha.
Straight painted stripe with gloss tail panel.  Aahh the memories.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.