News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Too much play in the steering wheel

Started by OldGuy, July 23, 2009, 09:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Continuing the resto work on the 68 Charger.  Not a genius at a lot of this stuff, so I have a question.  There is a lot of up and down play (movement) with the steering wheel.  Without first taking the steering column apart, would like some input as to the cause and what I should be looking for - bushings, worn shaft, loose support bracket? :shruggy:  Any and all input would be appreciated.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

FLG

Up down as in being able to wiggle or literally being able to move the wheel towards you?

OldGuy

Quote from: FLG on July 24, 2009, 12:54:57 AM
Up down as in being able to wiggle or literally being able to move the wheel towards you?
With one hand on top and one on the bottom of the steering wheel, the wheel moves up and down - not back towards the driver.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

b5blue