News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust Manifolds

Started by TylerCharger69, July 04, 2009, 12:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

I'm tearing down a 440 HP engine and wondered what the exhaust manifolds are worth.  Driver side casting is 8830800  and passenger side casting is 4041468 and also has the heat dissipating thing still attached to it.  Just wondering.  But if anyone is interested, let me know.  Jeeeeeeeez I hope I posted this in the right place.  If not...my apologies.   Ace

bull

I don't know the numbers but if they're HP manifolds in good shape they're probably worth $120-$160/pair.

mopar_nut_440_6

Those are motor home or pickup manifolds. I am not sure what they are worth but they definitely would not be worth near as much as a set of HP manifolds.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

TylerCharger69

Hmmmmm....that's strange......it's a 1978 HP engine and it was a police interceptor from a Halletsville, Texas sheriffs car.  Dodge Monaco to be exact.  So I know these aren't from an RV or a truck. The engine was totally complete and had never been torn apart. 

Sublime69

Do you still have the actual cop car?
1969 Charger 440
1968 Satellite 318 Future Road Runner Clone
1989 Diplomat Ex-Cop Car Winter Beater
1985 Chevy C-10 400 SB Winter Project
2004 Honda Civic Daily Driver

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on July 04, 2009, 07:55:39 PM
Hmmmmm....that's strange......it's a 1978 HP engine and it was a police interceptor from a Halletsville, Texas sheriffs car.  Dodge Monaco to be exact.  So I know these aren't from an RV or a truck. The engine was totally complete and had never been torn apart. 
They must have used the same manifolds in 78 for the cars and trucks. The listing I had said truck. Sorry for the misinformation!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

TylerCharger69

No...I bought the engine and tranny from a guy in Lolita, Texas, who had the car.  It resembles the Blues Bros. car somewhat.  It was pretty rusted away though.  But the car itself I never possessed.  It was a Halletsville, Texas sheriffs dept. car though.  I'm putting on headers, so I thought I could get rid of these for a cheap price.  I'll be having a mostly complete 383 (minus carb, oil pan, water pump housing, valve covers, and oil pump) and trans for sale too.....It's the original engine from my '69.

UFO

If you have the numbers matching engine I would stuff it in the garage.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: UFO on July 06, 2009, 08:30:46 AM

:iagree:

TylerCharger69

Quote from: UFO on July 06, 2009, 08:30:46 AM

Well....i know...but   it's there if anyone is interested