News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone familar with Mass and Vermont Daytonas?...

Started by ramairthree, July 01, 2009, 09:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramairthree

Thanks again for the further information.

Is anyone famillar with this car?

http://www.carsonline-ads.com/colsite/col?use=UC3_ViewPosting&cmd=showPosting&postingID=41809

I personally would not convert a 69 500 into a Daytona,
but it seems to have been done long ago.

It is a similar price to the 70 clone I also saw.

And a 69 500 would have more intrinisic value than a 70.

Hmmmm...
Lot's of choices to consider.  Its still a lot for a "toy" and what was an original 500 maybe should no be hitting the track, driving to work on nice days, and taking the kids for ice cream probably.

I still think I need to find a real good 69 or 70 driver,
and stick with the wing and nose/headlights/scoops level conversion.

nascarxx29

Heres that green 500 converted into a daytona back in the day
Cloned 500 into Daytona for sale on Moparts
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:53:08 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
69 Dodge Charger 500 Cloned to a Daytona [Re: His and Her 69's]
      #5069722 - Wed Mar 04 2009 12:45 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

F5 Green L code (440) console automatic. Fender tag, no build sheet. Power windows, air conditioning, matching #s engine. Sacrifice at $39,999.00. Runs and drives. Needs resto to be perfect. XX29L9B224389. Purchased from Dave Schultz (The Big Kahuna) two years ago, but has been sitting ever since. Dave still has a mess of pictures of the car at: http://www.daveschultz.com/palbum/showgallery.php?cat=760&page=1.
Please contact me by email: john@premiercru.net
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

ramairthree

NASCARxx29,
yet again I can only say thank you for so much information.
Email sent.

nascarxx29

Thats a older ad .I might have a more current one by a seller on this board  maybe hergfest.And have this to add about the F6 daytona discussion
I found another recorded F6 daytona in the early records with white interior.Recorded as Gary Lazars and is the same car currently owned by Pete Veight.Which is known to be the F6 green interior F6 green playboy daytona??And I ve seen on other boards dicussions about the playboy daytona authenticity.Which I have no opinion to if it is or if it isnt .Just sharing what I seen wrote

OK Dave,.....I've heard Pete recently lay claim to his car being the "playboy" daytona,......but some time ago, 5 yrs? perhaps, I was contacted by a retired eldery gentleman,....I can't recall the name, I believe he was a Dr http://wwnboa.org/specfeatbh.htm also was an original daytona owner, F6, white wing car,....that was stored years ago in his garage, and the garage was renovated over the years, into a living room, with the Daytona being the main piece of "furniture"  on display for several decades,....they had to remove the wall, to remove the car, he and his grandsons were going to freshen up the car with a engine rebuild, repaint, etc,....extremely low miles car,....he said he purchased a set of NOS fender scoops from you, Dave B. for $1000,....I sold him some repro headlite accesories to recondition his lights to make them functional again,.......he claimed he needed the scoops because his car never came with them,....I debated with him on not adding them, if his car was truly the vintage "playboy" ad car, which he insisted it was!, but actually felt it was more of an insult, that his car was referenced with Playboy magazine, he said he didn't want that kind of fame associated with his car....that where I left off with him,

When I saw Petes car last year, I remarked to him that it looked like the layboy" car,....he replyied that it was?.....so I questioed him as to the fender scoops?...he said he added them, and had no response as to my question of "why?".....he said he had the car for "many" years,....but wouldn't elaborate as to how long?

So Dave,.....who really has the "playboy" car?,....what criteior was used to determine that fact?......I know you've heard the story of the F6 daytona that was incapsulated in the house,...most have by now,.....plus the one "story" that I've heard quite a few times is that a handful of early press release Daytonas were rushed out without fender scoops, 3 of the supposed 5, were F6 cars?...with white or black wings?.....more than one supposed "playboy" car?....perhaps, or some "false" claims to fame?.....whats your thought Dave,.......  
http://wwnboa.org/specfeatbh.htm
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701