News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do i decode my build sheet

Started by uskatebetter, June 17, 2006, 11:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uskatebetter

ok well i decoded my Vin number and i found out that its a premium price class but what does that mean?

and well i dunno i just want to find out what little extras the car has(or had) so i can try and restore it to its former glory

do you guys know of any easy to use sites for decoding?

thanks for the help

69CoronetRT

Broadcast sheets are basically broken out into three sections:

1) The administrative portion- VIN, VON any Y codes, sequence number, etc
2) build components such as axle assemblies, engine assemblies, torsion bars, etc
3) Sales coded items that will affect the compnents or assemblies.

BS generally decode the same way every year but there can be variances year to year. Generally, the last digit of the sales code or PN can be found in the boxes or there are plant or year specific assembly codes.

There is enough differences between the years that it would take too long to post the details and I'm unaware of any website that accurately covers those differences. I'm sure there are many here that can help decode the sheet. Let me know if you'd like my assistance.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Dodge Don

You didn't mention what year Charger you want to decode.

If it is a 70 Charger there are very detailed broadcast sheet decoders on the 70 Charger Registry Site. I'm not aware of any other site with broadcast sheet decoders. There are differences year over year but the 70 one may get you going.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/