News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

N.O.S. Superbird Nose Cone Tech VS/ Repos

Started by nascarxx29, July 21, 2009, 05:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

superbirdtom

just to add to all the previous well coverd posts. I believe the difference is that the replacement cones if you ordered one from the dealer back in the day they didn't come with the  piece that mmounts the top side of the cone to the rad support. you had to take it off the damaged one ant reweld it onto the replacement one.

And I believe that the ones that came on the cars delivered some had wiring holders that are tacked to the interior  of the cone to hold the hoses and h-light wires . I believe i have seen them with and without them as a difference between stock and repop.  the steel repops look damn good in my opinion.

Aero426

Quote from: superbirdtom on July 22, 2009, 12:06:07 AM
just to add to all the previous well coverd posts. I believe the difference is that the replacement cones if you ordered one from the dealer back in the day they didn't come with the  piece that mmounts the top side of the cone to the rad support. you had to take it off the damaged one ant reweld it onto the replacement one.

That closure panel was always a separate service part and is called out on the last page of the parts list.   You either had to reuse the old one or fabricate it.

superbirdtom

have you seen the wire looms tacked to the inside of the cones?? I may be mistaken.

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on July 22, 2009, 10:45:23 AM
have you seen the wire looms tacked to the inside of the cones?? I may be mistaken.
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar John

Here is a picture of my NOS Superbird nosecone. It is missing the closure panel. While I'm on this topic I would like to add my thoughts on the NOS vs REPRO debate. If you have a quality original car NOS is the way to go. If your building a clone thats where the repro parts belong. There are more clones going together than originals being restored and if they use up the rare parts on the clones it's sad. When you use NOS parts on your restoration be sure to include pictures of the parts with the box or label and as they are installed on the car. Also keep your receipts. Later if you decide to sell and you can prove you used NOS vs repro it will make a big differance even though it doesn't look much differant.

superbirdtom

Im with you if you are doing a final restore where it is going to be as original as possible always try to use NOS mother mopar parts. I never knew that piece was called a closure panel.   basically a nosecone is made of 5 pieces then . the headlight opening piece. the two side curved pieces l&r . and the center bottom section and the closeout panel. . do all these pieces have an official name to them?

thanks for sharing your pic.

nascarxx29

Thanks for sharing the picture .Thats what I recall something you had to transfer over to the new one
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

How much for the boots in the background ???? :icon_smile_big:

Mopar John

I use those boots when I'm pouring cement and doing other nasty jobs their not for sale. You really have to watch what is in your pictures! By the way does anyone have an extra NOS closure panel laying around?

daytonalo

My girl used to have a pair of those boots and when worn she liked to get worked like a Pac Mule !! I thought maybe I could get her off the couch !!!