News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My restoration project (stolen for 22 years)

Started by no40jm, July 21, 2009, 07:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie R/T

I bought my Dodge Charger after selling my Aussie one about 5 years ago.Since doing so I have hankered over which is the better looking Charger and was convinced my old R/T E38 Bigtank was a better looking car hands down and also wished I had not sold it.Looking at you car I'm not so sure as your car sure looks good and as I've been following this thread for some time wish you all he best as it's a great story.I was going to post a pick of my old E38 but didn't want to detract from hard work if you get a quiet moment google Hemi Orange R/T E38 or E49 and you'll see what I'm on about.Cheers can't wait for that big engine to fire up. 

AirborneSilva

hemi-hampton

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Brads70

santacruzcharger

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

DodgeChargerNeeded

I just sat here and read through this entire thread. I have been on this site for years and never once ran across it. What a story. I would love to see that car in person. Everything looks like it turned out great.
Jeff

model maker

Great story ! just think, if that Police officer hadn't taken the time & extra effort to investigate further than a lot do, you may have never seen this car. I wonder if the guy who notified the police of the glued VIN tag has regretted doing that ? If the guy hadn't for some reason, looked at that vin tag & known it should be rivited & not glued you again may have never seen the charger. It was just meant to be that you & your family got your charger back. Any new pictures ?
BERT
MODEL MAKER

Ryan

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Stretch

Way to keep your eye on the prize! It's looking awesome! I love the way you kept the engine looking as stock as posable! The whole car is awesome and the story and build deserves to be a feature story in at lest one of the big name mags. Awesome work for sure. You have alot to be proud of!

Jason
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Ghoste

You know Stretch you're right, this really woould be a good magazine story.

Aussie R/T

Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2012, 10:16:33 AM

Also be a good deterrent for would be thieves as once the car is stolen it never really is yours once a car is stolen you'd always be looking over your shoulder.

Ghoste

And hopefully not just create smater thieves. :o

no40jm

Thank you everyone for all of the great comments about the restoration.  It means alot to me and has kept me motivated to finish restoring my car. :icon_smile_big:
"If you chop your own fire wood it will warm you twice."
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right." HF

no40jm

This last month I have been busy driving the car.

I drove it over to where my Grandpa's ashes are placed and did the BIGGEST burn-outs I have ever done in my life, it was GREAT!!!!!! I guess I fulfilled my promise.... :-\

On 7/7/12 at 9 o'clock in the morning, exactly 34 years after the car was stolen, I surprised my mom with the car in the Hudson's parking lot (now Macy's) which was the exact location it was stolen from; it was GREAT!!!! :coolgleamA: This was the first time she has seen the car finished.
"If you chop your own fire wood it will warm you twice."
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right." HF

myk

Quote from: Aussie R/T on August 05, 2012, 07:06:40 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2012, 10:16:33 AM

Also be a good deterrent for would be thieves as once the car is stolen it never really is yours once a car is stolen you'd always be looking over your shoulder.

F**king thieves-there are few things lower on this planet than they are.  'OP that's a great story with an equally satisfying ending.  It's also touching to see that this car wasn't just some "thing" or a commodity, to be bought and sold at your whim, but a part of your family and your family's story.  I haven't had a chance to read this thread in its entirety, but I hope that security is something this car can enjoy now; you've got it in a garage right?  Have you "installed" any anti-theft tricks as well?  Again, thanks for sharing and God bless...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

nvrbdn

Quote from: no40jm on August 06, 2012, 08:06:53 PM

I drove it over to where my Grandpa's ashes are placed and did the BIGGEST burn-outs I have ever done in my life, it was GREAT!!!!!! I guess I fulfilled my promise.... :-\

On 7/7/12 at 9 o'clock in the morning, exactly 34 years after the car was stolen, I surprised my mom with the car in the Hudson's parking lot (now Macy's) which was the exact location it was stolen from; it was GREAT!!!! :coolgleamA: This was the first time she has seen the car finished.

thats cool. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ChgrSteve67

:notworthy:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Incredible story! Amazing restoration! I suggest you submit this story to mopar collectors guide they will probably print it.
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

tan top

:coolgleamA:  awesome stuff  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi-hampton

Are you going to be taking it to the Woodward Cruise? LEON.