News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Hose Clamps?

Started by Speedfreak, August 28, 2013, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedfreak

For a Daytona 440. What are the correct hose clamps for the PCV hose that goes from the valve to the carb?  Also what clamps are used from the Power Brake check valve on the booster to the vacuum tree on the manifold.  BTW, the hose for both are the same, right? Could not get any closeups of pics so if you have something would be gladly accepted, thanks.

ODZKing

Speedfreak

hemigeno

I don't have info on power brake hoses, never spent much time on that topic since both of my Chargers were manual drum cars. 

There are no hose clamps on the PCV hose at either end. 

Speedfreak

Quote from: hemigeno on August 28, 2013, 05:20:08 PM
I don't have info on power brake hoses, never spent much time on that topic since both of my Chargers were manual drum cars. 

There are no hose clamps on the PCV hose at either end. 

Thank you!   I had never seen them,but how many 100% correct cars have I seen?   

Found these pics of a Roger Gibson restored Daytona, some excellent closeups can be seen by clicking on the photo, the booster hose does have it on both ends and as you said the PCV does not.

http://www.moparaction.com/article/wonderwings/wings.html

resq302

The booster hose has the red dyed corbin clamps at each end.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto