News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any tips for installing headliners?

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, July 18, 2009, 09:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

The guy I bought the car from thought there might have been a BS above the headliner so at the last bow split the stiching open all the way accross(idiot),I tried to keep it up with spray adhesive but every time it gets the sun beating on the roof it undoes the glue and falls down.I picked up a new headliner ,but was'nt going to put it in just yet,but am getting aggrevated so in it's going wether I screw it up or not,and at worst when I restore the car later,I'll put another one in.I have the headliner out of the packaging and sitting on the roof right now to try and let some of the folded wrinkles get out naturally,and plan on removing all the seats for ease of moving around car to make it easier.I'm looking for any more tips or advice from anyone who has done it before.Any input would be appreciated,thanks
                                                                      Paul

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 18, 2009, 09:12:19 AM
The guy I bought the car from thought there might have been a BS above the headliner so at the last bow split the stiching open all the way accross(idiot),I tried to keep it up with spray adhesive but every time it gets the sun beating on the roof it undoes the glue and falls down.I picked up a new headliner ,but was'nt going to put it in just yet,but am getting aggrevated so in it's going wether I screw it up or not,and at worst when I restore the car later,I'll put another one in.I have the headliner out of the packaging and sitting on the roof right now to try and let some of the folded wrinkles get out naturally,and plan on removing all the seats for ease of moving around car to make it easier.I'm looking for any more tips or advice from anyone who has done it before.Any input would be appreciated,thanks
                                                                      Paul

Do what I do after doing a couple....Find a good trim man in town and have a coffee (or your fave beverage) while he does it. Anyone can put a headliner in but they are a PITA.  :icon_smile_big:

bearbqd

Good job man. I need to do mine too and have never done one before.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

TylerCharger69

When you said BS...I assume you mean build sheet?  I've never heard of them being in the roof before....usually under the rear seat?? :shruggy: