News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500

Started by mcode, July 25, 2009, 05:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

project car

project car
3 (42.9%)
project car
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

mcode

hi guys!
i am new to the website. actually, just signed up today. i am currently in the market for a project 1969 charger 500 and if anyone is aware of an available car please drop me a line. thanks again charles

hemi68charger

There were just two on the market not too long ago, think they sold. Then there were/are two that were complete cars for sale... But, again, they are sold,,,, I think....................

They do seem to be popping up more often.......

Good luck on the search, they are great cars... Just let my 4-speed C500 go for the Daytona I have now....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mcode

hi troy,
i recently found this one : http://cars-on-line.com/41809.html

owner says he'll have 43K, but the original daytona parts are useless to me. i wouldnt mind if he would sale the car less the daytona parts. ill explore that option at a later time, but i would at least like to see a couple more before i make a move.
thanks charles

nascarxx29

I saved this ad from not to long ago

F5 Green L code (440) console automatic. Fender tag, no build sheet. Power windows, air conditioning, matching #s engine. Sacrifice at $39,999.00. Runs and drives. Needs resto to be perfect. XX29L9B224389. Purchased from Dave Schultz (The Big Kahuna) two years ago, but has been sitting ever since. Dave still has a mess of pictures of the car at: http://www.daveschultz.com/palbum/showgallery.php?cat=760&page=1.
Please contact me by email: john@premiercru.net
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mcode on July 25, 2009, 05:35:09 PM
hi troy,

owner says he'll have 43K, but the original daytona parts are useless to me. i wouldnt mind if he would sale the car less the daytona parts. ill explore that option at a later time, but i would at least like to see a couple more before i make a move.
thanks charles

You wouldnt have much trouble getting rid of the original Daytona parts.....Infact Id be interested in some of them.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hergfest

Mine is for sale for $39k, its a runner/driver if your interested.

mcode

thanks for the response guys,
if you could send me some photos, ill take a closer look. i just missed the craigslist post on page 2 of this forum, that car i would have purchased! my budget will allow me to spend 20-25K. i appreciate all of the help.
thanks charles

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

ramairthree

Quote from: mcode on July 25, 2009, 05:35:09 PM
hi troy,

thanks charles

Has anyone checked out that car in person?
It would be hard, from what I am adding up trying to do a Daytona clone from a 70 500 cost wise,
to come in at a whole lot less than 43K.  Plus you already have more value in the fact its a 69 500 that can be converted back if their value ever gets more in line with their numbers.

43K is more than I can swing until october/november time frame by quite a bit,
and that car might not be a good buy for someone converting back to a 500 at current 500 market value,
but it looks like a great buy for a Daytona clone.

Seriously, has anyone checked it out?  I would really like to hear from someone that has seen it in person.
Problems, not really in that good a shape?
Or simply not sold because there are a ton of cars out there right now guys would scoop up if the cash was handy/economy better.

69_500

Ramairthree, if you do a search on this board I am positive that you will find at least 5 threads regarding the car you asked about. And in at least 2 of them I know it has received various reviews, some of which weren't exactly the best.

hotrod98

My wife and I were interested in the car when BK had it. We hesitated and he sold the car. Then when it came up again in Cali, we thought about buying it again for around half of what BK sold it for.  I was told by someone that knew the car quite well that I should not buy it. Obviously, I didn't.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

mcode

to 69_500...
can you please post the 5 threads or email them to me. i can't find them.
thanks charles

PocketThunder

Hi mcode,

How big of a project are you looking for?   :popcrn:   :hack: :smash:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

What's with the authentication login when I click on the links above?

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

mcode

i had the same problem with the links yesterday. just cut and paste the link to the toolbar and they'll open up.

i own a #'s matching 68 coronet r/t conv. qq1/white top. this car was on display at carlisle last month. it underwent a significant amount of metal work. it needed the following: quarters, trunk floors, rear cross members, truck ext., front floor pans, lower door skins, and lower front fender patch and a series of other odds and ends. the car looks absolutely stunning.

i recently purchased a project 1969 a12 bee v2, non numbers matching car. this car will also need metal work,but not to the extent that the coronet needed. it'll needs the following: lower quarters, trunk, entire interior floor pan (inluding rear foot well), lower door patch and lower front fender patch. this car is slated to begin march 2010.

i have always admired the 1969 charger 500,it is thenext car i will have in my collection. if a prospective car needs metal work it is something that will not turn me off. however, i am looking for a project car that retains it's original fender tag, most of its parts, and numbers matching (preferrably).

thanks charles

mcode

in a perfect world i would prefer to purchase a c500 in march 2010. i only have a 2 car garage and i wont have the space available until the a12 heads off to rhode island for its restoration. luckily, i have 13ft high ceilings so i  can install a lift in march 2010.
thanks tony

PocketThunder

Is your name Charles or Tony?   :shruggy:    :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 27, 2009, 10:04:33 AM

Based on his email address on his profile page, I would venture to guess Charles.............  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 27, 2009, 10:35:57 AM

Based on his email address on his profile page, I would venture to guess Charles.............  :icon_smile_big:
Thanks Captain!   :2thumbs:   :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

MULTIPLE PERSONALITYS ?
:shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on July 27, 2009, 11:13:29 AM

MULTIPLE PERSONALITYS ?
:shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Oh no !!!! Not another one.............
Troy

mcode

lol! charles antony dunn. my friends call me tony.

hemi68charger

Quote from: mcode on July 27, 2009, 01:20:08 PM
lol! charles antony dunn. my friends call me tony.

Yo Tony !!!!    "In a Brooklyn accent"
Troy

mcode

haha, r u from nyc? i was a former nypd bronx cop, took on a govt job in dc--here i am!

C500

Nice looking car, but she's now showing "SOLD"
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: Kiwi68 on July 28, 2009, 02:31:28 PM
Nice looking car, but she's now showing "SOLD"
Yep my O'l bud BK has always soft spot for this car, :scratchchin: he bought it back a couple of weeks ago..........just seen it last week at my shop  :pity: