News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 dodge charger b5 blue signed by Richard Petty is it a old race car??

Started by starai73racing, July 27, 2009, 12:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starai73racing

we bought this car from down south and it has been messed with. first the dash is signed by Richard Petty and covered in STP stickers, then there are no mirrors and the frame is tied and it also had side exhaust. it has been a thought in the back of my mind if it is a race car or not cause if it is i want to keep it just the way i found it! i think it may just be a car missing alot of parts and was throw together, but i have to ask someone!

Ghoste

I think there is too much trim (interiror and exterior) and street legal stuff (bumpers, wheels and tires, etc) to indicate that it had ever been a former race car.

69*F5*SE

chargergirl

Check your vin and fender tag. What info do they give you? Could be this person was at a race where Petty was and he signed the dash. Could be forgery...keep us posted! My hope it is Petty's signature...all else should revealed in the tags.
Trust your Woobie!

Ghoste

Oh I believe the part about Petty's signature, he signs a lot of car parts for people.  I don't for a second think that he ever raced the car.  The cost to put a 70's vintage NASCAR vehicle on the street would be huge if it could be done at all.  Removing the cage and drivetrain, installing an interior, the wiring, the inner sheet metal, stock suspension at all four corners, bumpers, lights, exterior chrome, putting in doors, a dash, and after all of that, assuming it were possible you would need that final piece of magic to put it on the street... a VIN.

starai73racing

the motor is definetly not stock and i could tell it was just thrown together to sell. it is a 360 bored 30 over. most of the bolts were on like finger tight! i have already took the motor all the way down to the block and cleaned everything. im putting 10 to 1  pistons and a nice thumper cam in it. my goal was to have about 400hp but i will only about 360hp. (which is fine with me!)

charger_cody

This looks to be like a petty blue faded out charger. Kinda neat. Ne as to be posted in general discussion.

Neat car.

Cody