News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Window chrome moulding removal

Started by dpixel, August 04, 2009, 12:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpixel

I have a 1972 Charger and think there's a hole under my rear window trim (a bit of water is getting in the trunk).  How easy is it to get the trim off.  I've seen other posts where there's a tool, but that's on other year chargers.

Thanks, Dave

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

dpixel

I must have searched a differnent way.  I never saw that thread.  Thanks.  I just have to find out what these look like so I know what I'm reaching for.

I took off all the trim at one point except the windsheild and back window.  I want to be very careful with the trim and hope fully the clips.   :popcrn:

rudyjrusa

hi - i removed my clips from the rear window - i used a screw driver and towel - need to make sure you place the screw driver under the clip otherwise you will bend the molding - now i am trying to find new rear window clips for my 74 charger and it seems that nobody has them - i will keep on looking - the front clips are the same as the rear ones - for some reason 2 of the front clips had screws in them - not sure if the previous owner broke them - if you happen to see new clips - please let me know i need 20 for the rear and 20 for the front.  thanks

hs1973

year one has clips for your moldings i just bought them for mine there. :laugh:

mopar73

Quote from: rudyjrusa on August 10, 2009, 03:13:39 PM
hi - i removed my clips from the rear window - i used a screw driver and towel - need to make sure you place the screw driver under the clip otherwise you will bend the molding - now i am trying to find new rear window clips for my 74 charger and it seems that nobody has them - i will keep on looking - the front clips are the same as the rear ones - for some reason 2 of the front clips had screws in them - not sure if the previous owner broke them - if you happen to see new clips - please let me know i need 20 for the rear and 20 for the front.  thanks
I bought mine on EBAY through rocpar http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-1973-Dodge-Charger-Windshield-Trim-Clips_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQihZ002QQitemZ120450702339QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW    Hope this helps