News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wakko, Telvis for you...

Started by Charger Aficionado, November 20, 2005, 02:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Johnny SixPack

Don't mess with Texas. :D

D@mn... dude looked like a fracking rag doll when the Chevy hit him. :o

Couldn't tell if it was him trying to get up, or his joints popping back into place afterwards.   :icon_smile_blackeye:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Wakko

Yeah, seen that.  No sympathy.  :)
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

CB

Quote from: formula_440 on November 20, 2005, 02:27:30 AM
Couldn't tell if it was him trying to get up, or his joints popping back into place afterwards.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

yea, that was freaky!!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

dkn1997

That has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen, especially the deadpan by the news guy "they got him"   

do ya think?

I say turn in all of your tazers and pepper spray and buy bigger trucks!!!
RECHRGED

Telvis

Too bad for him....I bet he will think twice before running from the police again. I bet that officer took a big breath of relief once he saw that guy wasn't pinned under his car. I chased a ninja type motorcycle about ten or so years ago. It was right in front of Keeneland race course here in Lexington. The guy had just boughtthe bike and thought he could outrun me. Unfortunately his lack of experience and traffic for the race course slowed him down. A car ended up pulling out in front of him and he crashed bad. I cameVERY close to runnung over him. I actually though I had until I saw him in the grass throwing off his helmet and getting up to run. After everyhthng was over The reality hit how close I came to running over that dude. I probably would have ended up in prison. I never chased a motorcyle that fast or that close ever again. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. I laid down 139 ft of skid marks trying to stop that day. I had serious flat spots on my tires. I had to drive my car at about 25mph back to our fleet services so I could get new tires. Pretty scarry stuff.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Telvis on November 20, 2005, 10:41:07 AM
Too bad for him....I bet he will think twice before running from the police again. I bet that officer took a big breath of relief once he saw that guy wasn't pinned under his car. I chased a ninja type motorcycle about ten or so years ago. It was right in front of Keeneland race course here in Lexington. The guy had just boughtthe bike and thought he could outrun me. Unfortunately his lack of experience and traffic for the race course slowed him down. A car ended up pulling out in front of him and he crashed bad. I cameVERY close to runnung over him. I actually though I had until I saw him in the grass throwing off his helmet and getting up to run. After everyhthng was over The reality hit how close I came to running over that dude. I probably would have ended up in prison. I never chased a motorcyle that fast or that close ever again. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. I laid down 139 ft of skid marks trying to stop that day. I had serious flat spots on my tires. I had to drive my car at about 25mph back to our fleet services so I could get new tires. Pretty scarry stuff.
]
DAAAAMN it...   why prison?  is that negligence?

Telvis

If I had run over him they would have crucified me. It was my responsibility to pursue him with regard to the safety of others on the road. I actually came really close to hitting the car he hit. I swerved at the last second to miss it. When I swerved it put me in the path where the motorcyclist was tumbling. Fortunately he rolled off the right side of the road just before I would have hit him. It was really stupid chasing him in that traffic at the speeds we were travelling. We were travelling at 100+ shortly before he whacked the car. I had been trying to get close enough to read his plate. There wasn't enough distance between us when he wrecked.  I locked up the brakes (it was an 87 crown vic with no anti locks) and put down 139' of skid marks (up hill), let off long enough to avoid the car he hit, then skidded another 15 to 20 feet.  I was really lucky. It could have turned out very badly. It's one of those things that I am sure we have all had happen to us one time or the other. One of those close calls where had things happened differently your life would have never been the same.