News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what year & is it forged crank?

Started by metcoll, November 14, 2007, 07:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

hello to all....a friend of mine has a 440 engine block & does not know what year or what kind of vehicle it was in.......on the id pad it reads 7t 440 than under that 52092171...could some of you that know how to read the numbers tell me what year this motor is.......thx in advance.......

RECHRGD

Well, I'm not the numbers expert around here, but I think that would be a later model block and have the cast crank.  My engine is a '71 (G) with a forged crank.  But, I know that in '71 the cast cranks were starting to be phased in too.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

The 7T means it's a 1977 block built at the Trenton plant. It should have a cast crank unless someone has swapped it out for some reason. The easiest way to tell is to look at the harmonic balancer....it will be approx 2in thick. Below is a pic of the 2 different style balancers.

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs