News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 16, 2009, 11:04:09 AM
Well Yesterday I spend the whole day driving....I didnt get much work done,but I did pick up a (albiet rough) original nose for my clone. It will need alot of metal work,but im very confident it will be nice when its done.

Man Brian... That nose has got some bad acne..... But, I'm sure by the time you get done with it, it'll be right up there with the best plastic surgeons of Hollywood..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Blown70

While beat up that would be a GREAT pattern to go off to make your own..... :2thumbs:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

Step 1...Paint it
Step 2...Install it
Step 3...Run the car into a tree at low speed
Step 4...Call insurance company

:coolgleamA:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 19, 2009, 11:43:13 AM
Step 1...Paint it
Step 2...Install it

no no no  dont ruin that beauty
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

Step 1...Paint it
Step 2...Install it

:smilielol: :D

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 19, 2009, 01:32:37 PM
Some people have no forsight.
ok if you wont make me one also , then i wanna buy whats left of it when your done    :D :D :D

hotrod98

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 19, 2009, 01:32:37 PM
Some people have no forsight.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I've spent the last 30 years doing body work on stuff that probably shouldn't have been saved. 
It's just that your picture keeps triggering flashbacks.  :smash:

Charles Addams

Charger-Bodie

.......Truth me known I will probably end up putting a new top panel and lower center piece in it anyway...This along with a bunch of work will put at a little more than half of a complete new steel one from Jack M. If I had to pay someone to do the work it wouldn't pencil out, but I can save myself some money by saving as much of this one as I can. And the biggest thing about it is that I will have a real steel nose on my clone,and above all that's what I'm after.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparstuart

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 19, 2009, 07:39:23 PM
.......Truth me known I will probably end up putting a new top panel and lower center piece in it anyway...This along with a bunch of work will put at a little more than half of a complete new steel one from Jack M. If I had to pay someone to do the work it wouldn't pencil out, but I can save myself some money by saving as much of this one as I can. And the biggest thing about it is that I will have a real steel nose on my clone,and above all that's what I'm after.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

terrible one

I think it is awesome that you will have a real Daytona nose on your clone. Even better is bringing that nose back. I know that it is probably a bitch and a half to do, but with your body skills it will of course come out looking mint. I think it's cool enough that you can bring it back to life . . . cool enough that the finished product will be worth the effort. What an art!

hotrod98

If that top panel wasn't so complicted to make, we would probably see several people repopping them.
If Gean Gregory started making the steel Daytona noses again, I would consider buying one for my clone. He told me that he made and sold over a hundred of them the last time. Most of them were installed on real Daytonas to replace the rusted out originals.  ::)

Charles Addams

talkiemopar

Hey Stuart,

I think I recall a Daytona Nose being available here in Kentucky that looked a lot easier to rebuild than this baby and duh it's for sale - Petty Bird  :shruggy: :think: :)

zzzzzz secretary

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on August 20, 2009, 09:21:53 PM
Hey Stuart,

I think I recall a Daytona Nose being available here in Kentucky that looked a lot easier to rebuild than this baby and duh it's for sale - Petty Bird  :shruggy: :think: :)

zzzzzz secretary
I want it , just cant afford those high kentucky prices  :smilielol:  this economy sucks

where is rick hiding ?   is he coming to st louis  ?
tell him to bring me the nose to st louis

NMike

Step 1...Paint it
Step 2...Install it
Step 3...SAY you Ran the car into a tree at low speed

fixed it  :D

1969chargerrtse

Found the thread.  Keep the pics and info flowing.  We can live our Daytona dreams through you.  :icon_smile_big:
Hmmmmm   :pity:  Just thinking, another 68 owner finally sees the light of where the action is and swings over to 69.  :smilielol:  ( That should go over big ).  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

Got a little work done to the car today......Each step gets it closer to being a Charger,then a Daytona....Has to become a Charger again first though. Every stitch of floor will be new.I wont have to blast off much undercoating I guess.

jaak

:2thumbs: Keep up the good work Brian!! BTW I noticed you changed your signature "it burns money and welding supplies"..... :smilielol:

Jason

Chargerrtforme

Thanks for the updates, I know it's a pain to post pictures.  Looking great.

six-tee-nine

Brian, what did you use to spray in the frame rails?

I'm wondering since you would like to use a product that that stays in place or wont start to burn up when you heat up the frame rail when stitch welding the trunk pan?
I would be glad to get enlightended on this subject since I need to go there somewhat soon.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

hotrod98

I use a Roberlo product produced in Spain. It's a copper weld thru primer. Won't burn up. Doesn't cause weld spatter either like the 3M stuff.

Charles Addams

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 01, 2009, 01:05:17 PM
Brian, what did you use to spray in the frame rails?

I'm wondering since you would like to use a product that that stays in place or wont start to burn up when you heat up the frame rail when stitch welding the trunk pan?
I would be glad to get enlightended on this subject since I need to go there somewhat soon.....

I actually coated the inside of the rails with chassis savor. I just left it bare where the "spot" welds will be,later I will use the weld thru stuff same copper stuff Hotrod98 is talking about.

69*F5*SE

Where do you get this copper weld thru primer. Is it much better than 3M? 

Charger-Bodie

Well the old bucket got a little less rusty again today...... Had to fab inner rockers the install the new AMD outer rocker panels (Very nice fit and apearance I might add) next will be the front floor pan,Hopefully tommorow.